·
Registered
75,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
lol

·
I said love, I said pet
1,630 Posts
Golden Girl Estelle Getty who played Sophia Petrillo in the all-time classic US sitcom. Aged 85.

·
Registered
75,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
^god love her. she was cool in golden girls.

·
I said love, I said pet
1,630 Posts
^^ Estelle Getty was actually younger than Bea Arthur who played her daughter Dorothy in the show.

·
Registered
75,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
terrible news.both died too young.

comedian ben mac died on weekend aged 50. from pnemonia.
he was last seen in ocean 11 movies

also Isaac hayes has died aged 65.
such a legend.

Hayes found unconscious by treadmill at his Tennessee home Sunday
Paramedics attempted to revive him; took him to hospital
He was pronounced dead shortly after 2 p.m.
Hayes provided the voice of "Chef" for animated series "South Park"

·
Registered
75,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
i actually met sandy back in liverpool westfield when i was 10. she was nice
but really big
to give you an idea how tall she was ,
she was 1in taller then chinese basketball star yao ming

World's tallest woman dies

WASHINGTON (AFP) — An American believed to be the world's tallest woman has died, nursing home staff told AFP Thursday.

Sandy Allen, 53, who grew to be more than seven feet, seven inches tall died Wednesday at a nursing home in Shelbyville, Indiana.

A spokeswoman for the Heritage House Convalescent Center in Shelbyville said Allen "had been in failing health in recent years and died of natural causes."

She had been listed in the Guinness Book of World Records as the world's tallest woman.

By the time she was 10, Allen already stood six foot three. By 16, she was over seven feet tall, the Indianapolis Star daily said.

It's believed that a tumor on her pituitary gland caused her abnormal growth.

It was removed when Allen was in her 20s, but she continued to be affected by a variety of health issues related to her height, including poor circulation and weak leg muscles that kept her confined to a wheelchair in her later years.

While her height brought her and the town of Shelbyville fame it also led to personal despair, especially in her late teens when she spoke about her height being an impediment to relationships.

The newspaper quoted a letter Allen is said to have written to Guinness in 1974 in which she said: "I would like to get to know someone that is approximately my height. It is needless to say my social life is practically nil and perhaps the publicity from your book may brighten my life."

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
All Saints actor Mark Priestley found dead

All Saints actor Mark Priestley has been found dead, according to a media report.

The 32-year-old is believed to have killed himself after suffering depression.

Seven Network will issue a statement on Priestley's death later today.

Priestley played male nurse Dan Goldman in Seven's popular hospital series.

He was born in Perth in 1976, attended private boys' school Aquinas College and graduated from NIDA in 1999 after moving to Sydney.

Fans of the TV show have already expressed their disbelief at the news of Priestley's death.

On Facebook's All Saint's page, fan "Trent" said he was "truly shocked".

"I had seen Mark not all that long ago in Newtown, he looked really happy and he was eating at my favourite pasta bar."

"I just can't believe that I never knew he was suffering depression.

"My thoughts are with his family and cast of All Saints."

More to come.

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
All Saints star Mark Priestley found dead

So sad, I'm in shock

All Saints star Mark Priestley found dead

Article from: NEWS.com.au

* Font size: Decrease Increase
* Email article: Email
* Print article: Print

August 28, 2008 08:40am

ALL Saints actor Mark Priestley has died, it was revealed today.

The much-loved actor, 32, who played doctor Dan Goldman, is believed to have taken his own life while suffering depression.

Cast members of the hit Channel Seven medical drama are in mourning after the news was broken today.

"Mark Priestley was a tremendous young person – loved and respected by his fellow All Saints cast members and crew," Channel 7 said.

Seven’s Director of programming and production Tim Worner said: "Mark was such a brilliant artist. His work on stage and screen was admired by everybody who knew him. His death is such a sad loss. We at Channel Seven will miss his energy and smile.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with Mark’s family and friends.”

Priestley, a NIDA graduate, also appeared in TV shows Changi, The Secret Life Of Us and Blue Heelers. He also worked with the famed Bell Shakespeare Company and the Sydney Theatre Company.

Priestley was born in Perth and had wanted to become an actor from an early age, according to the All Saints website.

He moved to Sydney in 1997 and studied at the prestigious acting college NIDA.

According to the All Saints website, Priestley loved to "play golf, boules, tennis and go to the theatre".

He first appeared on the hit show in 2004 and was behind a huge ratings surge on Tuesday night after his character finally married that of fellow star Jolene Anderson, after a lengthy on-off screen relationship.

The episode topped the ratings in Sydney for the night.

Fans of the show have flocked to the official All Saints message board to leave their condolences.

"I'm shocked to hear he took his own life," one fan said.

"We never know what any actors are going through. We all see 'got it all together' actors on TV ... we don't know what their 'real' life is all about.

"My thoughts and prays are with Mark's family and friends ... he will be sorely missed my many.

"Bless you for giving us such enjoyment in watching you blossom in front of our eyes, its a shame you aren't with us anymore.

"May you rest in peace now ... we loved you."

The sudden death is the second recent trauma to hit All Saints, after actress Virginia Gay was mugged in Sydney - allegedly by two thugs accused of later killing a man.

- With The Daily Telegraph

If you are feeling depressed, lonely or have personal problems, you can get help at Lifeline on 131 114, Sane on 1800 18 7263, Kids Helpline 1800 551 800 or Mensline Australia on 1300 789 978. Or log on to www.beyondblue.org.au or phone 1300 224 636.

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,24254101-5006301,00.html

·
Banned
1,316 Posts
The dead pool is for dead people who we don't really care about.

This guy deserves his own thread. Just like Steve Irwin etc. did.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
He checked into the Swisshotel on Market St ( above Myer ) in the Syd CBD and jumps from level 22 to fall on top of the Myer verandah.
To get him off it the Police needed to completely close the street and get a crane in.
**** me.

·
Banned
1,316 Posts
If you died, I am sure you would appreciate your own thread. Brendan got a thread.

·
derp
10,274 Posts
Never heard of him.

LOL @ Widget. I promise if you jump off the Story Bridge I'll start a thread about you ;)

101 - 120 of 1179 Posts