SkyscraperCity banner

161 - 180 of 1178 Posts

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
Jade Goody just got dunked into the dead pool.

She was a stupid bitch, but she didn't deserve to die so young. At least she brought awareness to other young women (re: cervical cancer).

·
Premium Member
9,320 Posts
Jade Goody was more deserving of the fame and money than a lot of other "famous for nothing" people who are simply born to money and privlidge. You have to give her credit because if you read about her childhood with 2 drug addicted criminal parents she didn't really have a bright start to life.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7869431.stm

Her treatment and hair loss were captured on film and in a series of newspaper interviews, prompting criticism from some quarters that she was cashing in.

Speaking in The Sun newspaper in February, Goody admitted that she was doing it for the money, but claimed she was thinking beyond the reality career that would die with her.

"It's not to buy flash cars or big houses. It's for my sons' future if I'm not here.

"I don't want my kids to have the same miserable, drug-blighted, poverty-stricken childhood that I did," she said.

·
Registered
75,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
ex charlies angel Farrah fawcett is tonight fighting for her life.
after 3 years of fighting cancer.
she is 62

·
I said love, I said pet
1,628 Posts
^^ Amazing comic actress. Liked 'Maude' when it used to be shown in the morning during the early 90's.

·
Registered
75,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
she was awesome.very talented. loved golden girls. hey did i say that?

·
Registered
75,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
^who?

·
Registered
811 Posts
Film and TV legend Charles 'Bud' Tingwell dies

Film and TV legend Charles 'Bud' Tingwell dies
Charles 'Bud' Tingwell, the much-loved and respected Australian actor, has passed away.

May 15, 2009 - 10:32AM
Legendary Australian actor Charles 'Bud' Tingwell has died in a Melbourne hospital after a battle with prostate cancer.

His agent confirmed the 86-year-old iconic star of The Castle and TV cop show Homicide passed away this morning.

Fellow actor and family friend Marty Fields paid tribute to Tingwell this morning.

"Bud, gosh, he just had a fantastic impact on everybody that he dealt with,'' he told Radio 3AW.

The Working Dog production company introduced Tingwell to a younger generation through The D-Generation and The Castle.

Rob Sitch said Tingwell had told him one of his "secrets of life'' was "saying yes'', because it led to new people and new experiences.

Sitch said Tingwell had appeared in good spirits when he visited him in hospital last week.

"He foxed me. He was sitting up and he had a film script and we were talking about work ... it was just incredible that his spirits were so up at that stage (of life),'' he told 3AW.

Tingwell was born in the Sydney beachside suburb of Coogee on January 3, 1923.

It was not until after his mother died that he discovered why he had been nicknamed Bud - when she was pregnant, friends at the Coogee Surf Club asked her "what's budding in there?'' which became "how's the bud?''.

Tingwell became the youngest radio announcer in Australia when he was employed at Sydney radio station 2CH as a cadet, then joined the Royal Australian Air Force in 1941 and was sent to the Middle East as a photographic reconnaissance pilot.

He entered the film industry in the 1950s, playing the lead in feature film Always Another Dawn. While he was wooed by Hollywood, he chose to stay in Australia working in film, radio and theatre.

Tingwell and his wife Audrey moved to London for 17 years in 1956, the actor scoring roles in TV and radio series, four Miss Marple films with Dame Margaret Rutherford and theatre productions.

He returned to Australia in 1973 when Hector Crawford offered him the lead role of Inspector Reg Lawson in the TV series Homicide. Tingwell went on to produce and direct other major Australian TV productions, including The Sullivans, Cop Shop, The Flying Doctors and Prisoner.

Audrey Tingwell, who he described as ``the love of my life'' on his personal website, died in 1996, shortly before their 45th wedding anniversary.

He credits the team from Working Dog productions - including Rob Sitch, Tom Gleisner and Santo Cilauro - for saving him in the weeks following her death by offering him a role in their film The Castle.

"It turned out to be the greatest therapeutic experience for me,'' he said on his website of his role as a barrister.

Tingwell and Audrey had two children, son Christopher and daughter Virginia Tingwell, who is also an actress.

He was awarded the A.M. (Member of the Order of Australia) in the 1999 Queen's Birthday Honours List for his services to the performing arts as an actor, director, producer, and to the community.

Source: theage.com.au

Picture courtesy of "The Mecury"

·
Registered
75,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
legend.

·
Registered
75,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
always happens in 3. was wondering who was number 3.

firstly Farah fawcet , then michael jackson and today -Karl malden.

aged 62

aged 50

aged 97
best known for his roles in films such as A Streetcar Named Desire and On the Waterfront, (american xpress cards)

·
Premium Member
9,320 Posts
And now Mollie Sudgen from "Are you being served", always a good show for a laugh and still on the Comedy Channel now (followed by the also great Allo, Allo).

·
Registered
75,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
^i loved that show. really well done. lots of young ones on the forums wouldnt have a clue about the 70s sitcoms. they were the best

·
Crazy young doge man
2,697 Posts
^i loved that show. really well done. lots of young ones on the forums wouldnt have a clue about the 70s sitcoms. they were the best
some of the british comedy from that age was brilliant. My favourite from the time was on the buses personally

161 - 180 of 1178 Posts