Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Sydney: World's best city
40,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took these on the last day of Autumn (yesterday).

It was cold, but still a great day to be outside.

George Street

The sun struggles to reach street level

Sea of Cranes

and same along the Pitt St Mall

And here's one of many demolition, closing down or relocation sales taking place across the city as the first of several redevelopments of major CBD shopping centres start to take shape. This one is for HMV at the Mid City Centre, and they will have to be out by months end for start of work in September.

Hobbyco is on the move too

Adidas Store

Sydney Arcade

Chifley Square

Anyone up for an Armani?

Angel Place & 115 Pitt St (undergoing refurbishment)

Vacant Building in Kent St

Druitt St

Even in good times, people are always left behind...

·
Registered
77,344 Posts
great stuff fabs.
sydney had its warmest may in 48 years! twas nice.
sydney CBD becomes dark and cold during winter months. if you want sunlight/warmth you go on the citys edges like Circular quay,walsh bay,king st wharf,Darling harb ect.

·
40,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I usually find that it is colder in the city in the suburbs due to the lack of sun.
Some streets like Hunter St have lit shops and offices all days as it gets so dark.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I think I would donate money to those guys if they stopped bringing jesus into all of their signs... Is that guy out front of Grace Bros still there asking for money?

Awsome pics none the less fabs! :D

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
I love the fact that Jesus loves "ladyes shoes to"

·
40,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sunlight/warmth you go on the citys edges like Circular quay,walsh bay,king st wharf,Darling harb ect.
I walked through Hyde Park today and there was plenty of sun. The height restrictions have mostly done the job of ensuring the park still gets sun.

·
Banned
1,298 Posts
Sydney's CBD is a lost cause. The sooner it's nuked, the better ;)

·
Registered Abuser
2,904 Posts
Great shots but what's fall? Surely not the American term for Autumn? Oh well I guess you can use what ever term, but I can still grumble! :rant:

Did I mention great shots. :)

·
40,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I used fall to two reasons in the title. There were two messages that i was conveying in the thread.

1. These shots were of the city on the last day of Autumn (fall)
2. Sydney is coming out of a lull as reflected by an increase in cranage and development. It also includes current and upcoming redevelopments.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts