1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post Pictures Freely

http://www.theenglishriviera.co.uk/home/home.asp?area=HOME

Description:

22 miles of stunning English Riviera coastline, 20 beaches and coves and over 2,000 acres of parks and gardens.

Climate and Weather:

The Bay around which the towns of Torquay, Paignton and Brixham rest is in the shape of a horseshoe facing the southeast and that makes it a perfect suntrap. The heights of Dartmoor, immediately to the North West, protect the Resort from the prevailing winds and the gulf stream brings into the bay the warmer waters. The end result is a climate that is much milder that the rest of the UK; the winters are mild and short, giving way to the flower-filled warmth of an early spring. Summer really does seem to linger longer, with October and November very often mild enough to enjoy outdoor activities.

This climate creates a haven for many sub-tropical plants, in particular the famous Torbay Palms Cordyline Australis that line the streets and fill the parks.

·
Registered Abuser
17,047 Posts
4th picture down....I remember seeing that on past travels through google.....some Chinese family on Holiday :D

You know me....I cant turn down a good oppertunity to post pics of beautiful Britain....so ill be back soon!

Torbay has red soil aswell....Ill dig up some pics of that!

·
Registered Abuser
17,047 Posts

Ive lost my touch.......all I could find this time round.....Ill hit google later!

·
Registered Abuser
17,047 Posts
Did you visit the site in the first post....top stuff!

·
Banned
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe so, but Cornwall is Britains favourite domestic tourist destinations when it comes to the sea, the English Riviera is in Devon.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Looks lovely! Had I seen these pictures without knowing they were from England, I would have thought they were taken along the Mediterranean coastline.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Nice area especially when sunny. I personally don't like the beaches though, not comparable to the Mediterranean, but the area is nice. It's only 40 mins away.

·
Registered Abuser
17,047 Posts
What is Kirunas average temperature?

Cornwalls average nightime temperature was 23'C in August 2003...probably higher than Kiruna's alltime daytime tempearture average.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts