SkyscraperCity banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
961 - 980 of 987 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
He decides quickly and unfavorably when it comes to US but very slowly and favorably when it comes to China. He favors the feelings of Chinese people than the welfare of the Filipinos.
I never understood this part of the Yellow logic. It's like geopolitics is a very hard subject for them to understand so it's all this nonsense about Duterte bowing to Xi Jinping.

Simple math quiz:

(Relationship) with [country]
Before Duterte:
(-100) with [China]
(100) with [USA]

After Duterte:
(50) with [China]
(50) with [USA]

Don't you get it? Madali lang; Duterte is trying to be friendly with China so they won't attack us, since they have no problems using military force. If you paid attention during his China excursions, he keeps trying to raise up the Spratlys issue. Meanwhile, USA is being hampered by its own government and won't dare attack us with military force, so he distances himself ESPECIALLY after Democrat puppet Obama said what he said.

You think America will look at us with ire even after what Digong has said? HELL NO! Our strategic location faaaaaaaaaaaar outweighs whatever curses come out of Digong's mouth.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
It’s normal because he’s the president. He is the captain of the Ship or the pilot of an airplane. So, whatever decision he makes, affects everyone and boomerangs to him. You cannot blame that to anyone but him. PNoy experienced that as well as the president.
Wrong. Noynoy dipped his hands everywhere.

SAF44, it was Noynoy working with a Suspended Police Chief.

MRT3 Fiasco... Dengvaxia… Noynoy had his hands dirty.

Can you say the same for Taal and nCoV?

He decides quickly and unfavorably when it comes to US but very slowly and favorably when it comes to China. He favors the feelings of Chinese people than the welfare of the Filipinos.
You have NO proof of that.

The problem with Dilawans is that they want to justify their fvck ups by insisting that the current government continue their hate towards China. This is wrong.

Digong wants to be friendly with China. What's wrong with that? Our fishermen are able to fish freely around scarborough shoal and near the spratlys. With Noynoy, they can't fish there at all. With Digong, no additional islands were reclaimed.

Obviously, Obummer's USA and the Liberals are not happy that they're no longer getting the "perks" they've been getting since the 1898. They want us to remain a vassal state. It's understandable that they will side with the yellows. The USA is always going to act according to their own interest first. And it is in their interest that we remain subservient to them. If we stood on our own and want to be treated as equals, then that means they will have to negotiate every deal with us. That's a headache for them. Nobody wants headaches.

Now who's more concerned of the Filipinos welfare?

Btw... To exercise your brain cells, you can draw parallels between the attitudes of our country's elites versus the class D and E. The elite will always want the masses to just follow their commands, do what they always want. They will never want to see the masses as their equals. So if the masses won't take their sh!t anymore, they will see it as an injustice, and being "unfavorable".

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
https://www.mintfo.com/news/trump-on-ending-of-vfa-i-really-dont-mind-well-save-a-lot-of-money/16203/?fbclid=IwAR0hAMFjloMM23zUypQAB3qJJ7QYvuifyTYH9uKEp7NlrCe8LoDmLFKpFfw

Trump on ending of VFA: I really don’t mind, we’ll save a lot of money

“I never minded that very much, to be honest. We helped the Philippines very much. We helped them defeat ISIS. I get along — actually, I have a very good relationship there,” United States President Donald Trump said during a briefing at the White House on February 12 when asked about Philippines’ decision to terminate the Visiting Forces Agreement (VFA).

“But I — I really don’t mind. If they would like to do that, that’s fine. We’ll save a lot of money,” he added.

“You know, my views are different than other people. I view it as, “Thank you very much. We save a lot of money”,” Trump noted.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess duterte lost his gamble. US didnt bite his bluff. Now what. We're sitting ducks against chinese aggression. But then, US didnt do anything when china was annexing scarborough before

·
Plug 'n Play
4,132 Posts
I would be happy to be enlightened on why Trump emphasizes about saving money? Are they paying us for the VFA?

The US spent more money somewhere else than here in Philippines..

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I would be happy to be enlightened on why Trump emphasizes about saving money? Are they paying us for the VFA?

The US spent more money somewhere else than here in Philippines..
The US forces will NOT be able to do as many exercises as before.

It's similar to him cancelling a scheduled exercise with Sokor after his meeting with Kim in SG.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I think breaking away from the US is a good move long term .

In case a conflict between US and China breaks out, the military clashes would not be confined in the South China Sea (very bad for Philippines) as China would be able to have access to the US mainland via the Pacific so their military strategy would not be limited to defending the Chinese mainland.

They can actually bring the fighting to US soil, assuming of course that China by that time has already developed a full-pledged Blue Water Navy.

US is fond of using its allies as a shield, and the Duterte does not like his country to be turned into a warzone, simple as that really.

·
Plug 'n Play
4,132 Posts
The US forces will NOT be able to do as many exercises as before.

It's similar to him cancelling a scheduled exercise with Sokor after his meeting with Kim in SG.
Oh OK...anyway, the US, has put itself in a position that it is damn if they do...damn if they dont.

Just do more face-saving rhetorics....and am sure, it will be like Philippines is a negligible partner anyway....so, does not matter.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
I never understood this part of the Yellow logic. It's like geopolitics is a very hard subject for them to understand so it's all this nonsense about Duterte bowing to Xi Jinping.

Simple math quiz:

(Relationship) with [country]
Before Duterte:
(-100) with [China]
(100) with [USA]

After Duterte:
(50) with [China]
(50) with [USA]

Don't you get it? Madali lang; Duterte is trying to be friendly with China so they won't attack us, since they have no problems using military force. If you paid attention during his China excursions, he keeps trying to raise up the Spratlys issue. Meanwhile, USA is being hampered by its own government and won't dare attack us with military force, so he distances himself ESPECIALLY after Democrat puppet Obama said what he said.

You think America will look at us with ire even after what Digong has said? HELL NO! Our strategic location faaaaaaaaaaaar outweighs whatever curses come out of Digong's mouth.
Location, location, location.....

·
Registered
20,858 Posts
POTUS' response is expected.

Excerpt:

Trump has frequently expressed a desire to bring US military forces home from decades-long deployments abroad and has strong-armed some allies into paying more for the right to US defense.

·
debit-credit
178 Posts
Are the dilawans going to praise trump for calling the bluff of digong after hating him since the US elections? i think there's more to it than calling a bluff. i dont know but i think this is just orchestrated. remember trump is a republican, the democrats as well as the yellows hate him and yellows are digong's enemies.

·
Registered
197 Posts
https://www.mintfo.com/news/trump-on-ending-of-vfa-i-really-dont-mind-well-save-a-lot-of-money/16203/?fbclid=IwAR0hAMFjloMM23zUypQAB3qJJ7QYvuifyTYH9uKEp7NlrCe8LoDmLFKpFfw

Trump on ending of VFA: I really don’t mind, we’ll save a lot of money

“I never minded that very much, to be honest. We helped the Philippines very much. We helped them defeat ISIS. I get along — actually, I have a very good relationship there,” United States President Donald Trump said during a briefing at the White House on February 12 when asked about Philippines’ decision to terminate the Visiting Forces Agreement (VFA).

“But I — I really don’t mind. If they would like to do that, that’s fine. We’ll save a lot of money,” he added.

“You know, my views are different than other people. I view it as, “Thank you very much. We save a lot of money”,” Trump noted.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess duterte lost his gamble. US didnt bite his bluff. Now what. We're sitting ducks against chinese aggression. But then, US didnt do anything when china was annexing scarborough before
^^ I don't think president Duterte lost anything. It was not a bluff. He really wanted to do it given a reason. And they gave him one.

The real gamble and potentially bluff is inviting China for a VFA in the country.

If you see through president Trump's statement, it's for "deescalation". Clearly, the media asking him question wanted some "unconventional", "erratic", and "masochist" response like the ones he gave to NK, China, and Iran, and he gave them nothing.

The two presidents treat each other with high regard. Trump will never allow their warm attitudes to go haywire so long as Duterte does the same. They have the same enemy. Liberals and Dilawans. As I and others have pointed out before, the revocation of VFA is not a big deal since VFA is not that important so long as EDCA and MDT are still in effect. So long as we don't meddle in their interests abroad, the white house will be fine with it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
^^ I don't think president Duterte lost anything. It was not a bluff. He really wanted to do it given a reason. And they gave him one.

The real gamble and potentially bluff is inviting China for a VFA in the country.

If you see through president Trump's statement, it's for "deescalation". Clearly, the media asking him question wanted some "unconventional", "erratic", and "masochist" response like the ones he gave to NK, China, and Iran, and he gave them nothing.

The two presidents treat each other with high regard. Trump will never allow their warm attitudes to go haywire so long as Duterte does the same. They have the same enemy. Liberals and Dilawans. As I and others have pointed out before, the revocation of VFA is not a big deal since VFA is not that important so long as EDCA and MDT are still in effect. So long as we don't meddle in their interests abroad, the white house will be fine with it.
Agree on that one. I think he really planned to cancel VFA long before, he was just finding the excuse (*cough *cough Bato).

Even after the Bells were returned, he didn't visit the US.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Agree on that one. I think he really planned to cancel VFA long before, he was just finding the excuse (*cough *cough Bato).

Even after the Bells were returned, he didn't visit the US.
He has threatened its cancellation for quite some time now... Waaaaayyyy before the visa situation.

·
Registered
241 Posts
We won't be seeing any more Chinese aggression for the next few years, I don't think. Kinda busy cordoning 20 million of their countrymen right now.

I don't even understand how you thought it was a bluff. He cancelled it and it came into effect, I thought bluffs were just bluster and non-action to trick your opponent? :lol:

·
Banned
142 Posts
https://news.mb.com.ph/2020/01/23/duterte-tells-us-take-back-batos-visa-cancellation-or-say-goodbye-to-vfa/

President Duterte threatened to terminate the Philippines’ Visiting Forces Agreement (VFA) with the United States if they fail to “correct” its cancellation of the visa of one of his closest allies, Sen. Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa.
“I’m warning you, this is the first time. ‘Pag hindi ninyo ginawa ang correction diyan (If you do not correct that), one, I will terminate the bases’ Visiting Forces Agreement. Tapusin ko ‘yang putang ina (I will end that son of a bitch),”
"I don't really mind if they would like to do that, it will save a lot of money," Trump
Pahamak na Sen. Bato yan, Wala mga libreng R&R ang mga Fil-AM US servicemen sa Pinas. :lol:

·
Registered
241 Posts

CNN also saying it's a bluff and brainwashed Pinoys in the comment section saying the US still has Guam and other Pacific islands. :eek:hno:

It's right when the Philippines was announced to have a high literacy rate but a low comprehension rate. Tumatawa pa sila about our strategic location advantage...these college students and feeling college students at heart never studied history at all. :eek:hno:

There's a big big reason we haven't made oil rigs and mines in our country, especially Mindanao. Very big reason. The US didn't send explorers to our country after WW2 for nothing.

·
fug :DDD
797 Posts
Idiotic to do this over one person. Shows he care more about his allies than the country and the people:eek:hno:
And as Trump said, the US has nothing to lose. They don’t have any base in the Philippines anymore either way, so there’s nothing strategic they gain with such agreement other than to help the Philippines with their insurgency issues

·
Registered
197 Posts
^^ It's not entirely on senator Bato if you've read the previous convo. There's more to it. His case was just an excuse. A very good one.

961 - 980 of 987 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.