Skyscraper City Forum banner

Pick one

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
In the letter it states that they have decided on the 5th choice and that's what the images show.

I like the new tower design, but it doesn't really match the other tower or the low rise buildings being built. Kinda looks out of place to me.

I think the images were intended to focus on the new phase and the tower currently being built is just a dumbed-down version for use as a placeholder.

·
Registered
197 Posts
In the letter it states that they have decided on the 5th choice and that's what the images show.

I like the new tower design, but it doesn't really match the other tower or the low rise buildings being built. Kinda looks out of place to me.

I think the images were intended to focus on the new phase and the tower currently being built is just a dumbed-down version for use as a placeholder.
True, but I like how it looks like multiple projects instead of one mega block project.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Talk about a letdown. Here's the new plans: http://www.minneapolismn.gov/www/groups/public/@cped/documents/webcontent/wcmsp-217288.pdf

Two full-block 6-story buildings. 568 units, 4,300 sqft commercial.

Doran had this to say:

The feedback provided at the Heritage Preservation Commission ("HPC") on January 22, 2019, was different than the direction we were previously given, based on these comments provided by the commissioners, we revised the overall development. The commissioner's main concerns were with the 30-story tower at the corner of 2nd Street and 5th Avenue and the quantity and usage of materials at certain areas of the building. To address these items, our revisions to the project plans include minimal changes to the West Block, removal of the 30-story tower and the affordable housing building on the East Block. Without the tower to increase density to a point to support the concrete construction costs and the affordable housing units, the affordable housing building is also being removed. The land was to be donated to CommonBond Communities to allow them to provide an affordable housing development. These changes have impacted the economics of the project and have caused us to discontinue our partnership with CommonBond Communities on this proposal as revised. These changes have also cause the density of the project to be reduced by approximately 200 units and 100 of those units would have been the affordable development's units at an average of 60% AMI or less.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts