·
Registered
1,182 Posts
"Extra:

Portland
Seattle
St. Louis
Tampa"

Tampa? What is so special about Tampa. I prefer St. Pete.
It appears you have taken a lot of offense to my picks and comments based on the number of responses you have made to my post. Bare in mind, this is an opinion thread. I chose Tampa because if people want a taste of Florida, I feel Tampa best represents it. St. Petersburg goes along with Tampa, just like Ft. Worth goes along with Dallas.

"So does Paris. I think Philadelphia is more interesting than Boston and has much better theatre and restaurants and it is nearly twice the size. I moved from Boston to Philadelphia because I wanted to live in a bigger and more exciting city. Philadelphia is exactly that. It is an American icon and a must see. I am not from Philadelphia originally. I am from Queens, NYC. I am not biased just experienced when it comes to living in Northeastern cities."

No need to get defensive. This is all your opinion about Philadelphia versus Boston. Size does not matter, it's the quality of what is there and how one views it. Philadelphia is not a bad city, I prefer it over southern cities, but in my eyes Boston is a better city. If bigger is better, then by that logic Phoenix is a better city than Philadelphia because it is bigger.

·
5,837 Posts
I realize that this is an opinion thread. Unfortunately some comments made about Philadelphia and Washington DC are just not true.
It is not exactly an opinion thread, although you can't really say it is not in some way. The author of the thread started this to get an idea of which cities he will be visiting when he comes to the United States and I believe he has already made his choices although folks will probably still post which 5 cities they would choose long after his visit. I agree with you about the philly/DC stereotypes being made in here. People just have no clue and show a real lack prudence when they post in here.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think NY, Chicago, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Miami, in the East,
and Los Angeles, Las Vegas, San Francisco, Dallas and Houston in the West..

·
Love me, love my dog...
3,075 Posts
Dallas and Houston are not in the west.
If you divide the U.S. into two halves, as he was doing, you get only east and west...so Dallas and Houston would be in the western half. If you use the traditional regions of the U.S. then Dallas and Houston would be either south or southwest.

·
Todo lo que ves es mio
4,172 Posts
NYC

CHICAGO

LOS ANGELES

MIAMI

ORLANDO

·
Registered
32 Posts
I agree about splitting up your visits to the US or around

Plan an East Coast Trip and Go To:

Boston then New York then Philly then DC and top it off with a stay at Disney World in Orlando Florida...or if that is too silly for the common adult traveler then go to either Miami or Atlanta.

Then down the road plan a mid-south-west trip and go to Chicago, Seattle or The Twin Cities, then San Francisco, followed by LA or San Diego, and end with Houston/Dallas or Austin.

You'll have see all of major urban America...though I have left out many nice cities

·
***Alexxx***
5,273 Posts
. Santa Barbara, CA is a must! Has the best beach I've seen in a long time, VERY nice people!

. Kingman, AZ is good to see the 'real America' and it has a very good all-you-can-eat restaurant!

. Chloride, AZ is good to see a classic small town, very 'interesting' people, most don't know a place called 'Turkey'

. Mexican Hat, UT is good is you want a very relaxed and very small place to stay and enjoy the sun!

. New York City, NY is much nicer then outsiders think! Some people are scared to go because of the 'ghetto' but it sure aint the 80s no more!

·
The Big Easy Forever
362 Posts
The top 5 cities to visit in the US are
New York(the greatest city in US, the arts, the wealth, broadway, the museums, etc..)
Washington DC(Museums and monuments everywhere, the seat of american power)
New Orleans(unique, beautiful, tremendous history, amazing food, and great music)
San Fransisco(rolling hills, great life, beautiful scenery, wonderful and prosperous city)
Miami(the beach, the glitz, the clubs, the fun, oh and the beautiful people)

101 - 120 of 168 Posts