SkyscraperCity banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
10th February 2008
59,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Your views on your managers strengths, weaknesses and anything else worth discussing.

Hughes.

The last 24 hours have completely changed my opinion of Hughes. Can't wait until he starts in ernest. Not seen todays press conference yet, but here it is in full if anyone else is interested. Apparently this Gary Cook from Nike sounds the dogs b******s!

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid958992159?bctid=1589745284

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
You mean you didn't like him before he was Man City boss, but do now he is? ;)

Alex Mcleish. He's the boss of my team Birmingham City.
I think he is a great manager who can do a good job for Blues. He seems to have a strategy and an eye for talent. Signed Carsley on a free which for a newly relegated team is good going. McFadden and Murphy are quality additions also. I hope to see him build on what he has started to create at St Andrews and that the board can really back him in the transfer market. Target for next year is promotion but i would welcome him to create his own team rather than the same team that Steve Bruce had.

He seems like an optimist and all us Blues fans need some optimistic thinking! He knows his stuff and has proven he has the managerial qualities at Rangers.
What i like about him also is that he intereacts with the fans much more. Bruce commented on things after they had happened. Where as Mcleish states this is where were going and this is how were going to do it. I really look forward to the future now, hopefully can establish ourselves as a worthy top team when we are back in the big league. :)

·
10th February 2008
59,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whoops! Wrong thread. Calling all Mods! Can you move this to the Sports thread. Thanks..

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
I think Gary Cook is an amazing coup for the club. 17 years at Nike and working as a Brand President at 45 says it all. I think any club in the world would kill for someone like that in charge. The fact he had Michael Jordan calling him personally to ask him to stay at Nike says it all. He's as well connected in the business as you can get and he has immense experience in building brands. Oh, and the fact his former employer is Ronaldinho's sponsor is bound to help a little on that front too!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.