• Downtown Jersey City
  • Hoboken

·
pooh bear
6,879 Posts

·
Let's Revive our Cities
2,556 Posts
Is it possible to directly link the threads for individual developments to the global Highrises or General Developments thread? They get far more traffic than the local forums.

·
16,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it possible to directly link the threads for individual developments to the global Highrises or General Developments thread? They get far more traffic than the local forums.
I'll have to ask Jan , a few websites do it that way...like our sister site SSP...

·
Not decayed
62 Posts
I was walking past Batello on the JC waterfront a few days ago and it seemed there was site prep going on where LeFrak's Pier 6 development has been approved (it was a few years ago). It looked like the old buildings at the end of the pier have been razed and they're shoring up the seawall. Can anybody confirm if this project is underway?

http://piersixnewport.com/

·
16,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was walking past Batello on the JC waterfront a few days ago and it seemed there was site prep going on where LeFrak's Pier 6 development has been approved (it was a few years ago). It looked like the old buildings at the end of the pier have been razed and they're shoring up the seawall. Can anybody confirm if this project is underway?

http://piersixnewport.com/
Some discussion at the bottom of the JC Infill page..

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1855450&page=3

·
15,838 Posts
Got into a heated discussion with some die hard republican woman on the issue of who have canceled the rail road tunnel project into NYC in 2009. I was under the impression that it was NJ Governor Chris Christie, who stopped it due to the fact that it will be way over the budget. According to her, and she claimed to work for a company that makes those tunnels it was Obama's federal government that cut the funds for it.

Without going into a political discussions - do anyone knows the truth of this story, since I am confused now about the details

Reactions: ChuckScraperMiami#1

·
15,838 Posts
I don't think they got to the tunnel contracts when he canceled it... But Christie was the one who canceled it and slowed down other projects...
That is what I thought as well. I need to make more research on this

Reactions: ChuckScraperMiami#1

·
16,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is what I thought as well. I need to make more research on this
The approach was partial cleared and 1/9 received a new bridge over the area where the tunnels would emerge. But nothing else was done with regards to building the tunnels...

·
Let's Revive our Cities
2,556 Posts
Got into a heated discussion with some die hard republican woman on the issue of who have canceled the rail road tunnel project into NYC in 2009. I was under the impression that it was NJ Governor Chris Christie, who stopped it due to the fact that it will be way over the budget. According to her, and she claimed to work for a company that makes those tunnels it was Obama's federal government that cut the funds for it.

Without going into a political discussions - do anyone knows the truth of this story, since I am confused now about the details
The tunnel was canceled to redirect all of the funding to the Pulaski Skyway so it could be done without spending new money and keeping the budget balanced. It favors suburban voters who are Christie supporters over urban rail rider voters who tend to vote Democratic.

It is also a matter of contractors. The contractors making billions off of the Pulaski Skyway project had no expertise in tunnel or rail building. They mainly focus on highways and bridges. :bash::bash::bash:

·
Let's Revive our Cities
2,556 Posts
^^^If the Downtown hotels fill up regularly and the restaurant scene growth continues, they might not be exaggerating. Hopefully some of the activity from the Ironbound will continue to expand into Downtown/University Heights, especially once they get "Mulberry Commons" at least partially done.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts