SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Civilization
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I think this is quite self-explanatory...

All you do is ask a geography question and the next person to post answers it. When someone has a right answer, the next person to post can post a question.

I will start.

Which river is farther north?

The Syr Darya or the Amu Darya?

·
Civilization
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are Lessepian Migrants fisherpeoples?? Found in the Levant Region of the Middle East/Black Sea??

And yes, I know you can search it up on the internet, but in the end, you still learn something, ey?? [Unless you already knew it...]

·
Premium Member
89,135 Posts
What are Lessepian Migrants, and where would you find them?
That's a really hard one...I believe it is animal migration over man-made structures...something that would not happen if not for the artificial structure.

It could be seen by Animal usage of the Suez canal...

...yes...I looked it up on wikipedia...

Another question: What is the southernmost human settlement in the world?

·
If I could be anyone...
5,723 Posts
... I think questions should be a little more cryptic or obscure
Well it depends on what you really want to achieve, to have incredibly obscure questions that not many might know, or to make it a general trivia game for people to learn, random trivia.

What are Lessepian Migrants, and where would you find them?
Anyway, Lessepian Migrants are marine lifeforms that have migrated from the Red Sea to the Mediterranean through the Suez Canal

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Well it depends on what you really want to achieve, to have incredibly obscure questions that not many might know, or to make it a general trivia game for people to learn, random trivia.
What I meant is its fucking pointless when anyone can easily go to google or wiki to get the answer to a question... We should post questions which are a little less easy to get the answers for.

You were right, by the way. Rotten's definition off wikipedia isn't correct as far as I'm aware. Lessepian migrants are specifically marine species indigenous to the Red Sea which have colonised the eastern Mediterranean via the Suez Canal. Its one-way traffic too, oddly... The Red Sea must be a more competitive ecosystem than the Eastern Med.

·
Premium Member
89,135 Posts
You were right, by the way. Rotten's definition off wikipedia isn't correct as far as I'm aware. Lessepian migrants are specifically marine species indigenous to the Red Sea which have colonised the eastern Mediterranean via the Suez Canal. Its one-way traffic too, oddly... The Red Sea must be a more competitive ecosystem than the Eastern Med.
LOL, well it is wikipedia after all.

·
Civilization
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What I meant is its fucking pointless when anyone can easily go to google or wiki to get the answer to a question... We should post questions which are a little less easy to get the answers for.

Please, just delete this thread!!!! It is too much trouble.

I can't stand the pressure. Yeeeesh!

:D

j/k

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.