SkyscraperCity banner

1041 - 1060 of 1064 Posts

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Last week, I took a trip through out the beaches of Kannur district, starting from Dharmadam all the way to Kavvayi. Covering Muzhuppilangad, Thottada, Kizhunna, Payyambalam, Chaal beach, Choottaad, Ettikulam etc. Not because I was searching for some business opportunities in tourism sector in the light of the opening of Kannur airport. No. I am past that age. I did it for the heck of it.

It was a revelation to me. I wondered why nobody is after the virgin beaches covering fifty kms of the district. At least six picturesque rivers joining the sea at different points. I think this stretch is simply waiting there for somebody to use her. But nobody has so far come forward. I see scope for a minimum of six five star hotels on these beaches. And innumerable resorts and home stays.

Here is a big opportunity for our youth, hospitality industry and tour operators. Why wait for a useless Visa to a desert land. When you can earn through your nose if you are properly trained in tourist industry. You can even put your heads together and form some co-operative enterprises. Even women can do it. Only thing is you should get some training in how to handle tourists, especially foreign ones. Here is a gold mine waiting.

The government should do their part too. By building the necessary infrastructure and maintaining the law and order. Banishing the 'Hartals'. Opening up more recreation for tourists like liquor outlets. Giving financial aid and training to the aspirant entrepreneurs.

I know the psychology of beach tourists very well, the predominant among them from foreign countries. All of them will love it. To boot it, Kannur has enough scope for hill tourism, adventure tourism, cultural tourism, medical tourism and temple tourism. Not to speak of the novelty of experience for them to witness 'Theyyam' festivals from November to May. In its original form in the rustic atmosphere. In the night. It would be a mesmerizing experience for them.

Any takers?

·
Travancore
8,882 Posts
Agree, many unexplored places across coastal belts ...
I recently tried ALLP down to TRV via QLN... stopped over at every possible joint :) mostly calm and idle places with hardly few folks around...
And finally reached Varkala for sunset..Beautiful but was crowded..both foreign and local.

And its post 7PM when activity really kicks in @ Varkala...All shops were slowly setting up the sea food options/and other boardings ... And lot of tourists !!

I think its all about concentrating some activities at a particular joint and hyping it up...And soon, things evolve over time !!

Also, if we look at Government initiatives/marketing , I see it mostly focussed on Hill Stations and Backwaters with little for beaches in Kerala...

·
Registered
1,899 Posts

സംസ്ഥാനത്ത് ഏറ്റവും കൂടുതല്* ടൂറിസം സാധ്യതയുള്ള ഉത്തര മലബാറില്* കണ്ണൂര്*, കാസര്*ഗോഡ് ജില്ലകളിലെ ഏഴ് നദികള്* കേന്ദ്രീകരിച്ചു കൊണ്ട് മലബാര്* റിവര്* ക്രൂയിസ് പദ്ധതിയുടെ നിര്*മ്മാണ പ്രവൃത്തികള്* പുരോഗമിക്കുകയാണ്. 2018 ജൂണ്* 30ന് ബഹു: മുഖ്യമന്ത്രി പിണറായി വിജയനാണ് പദ്ധതിയുടെ തറക്കല്ലിടല്* നിര്*വഹിച്ചത്.

കണ്ണൂര്*, കാസര്*കോട് ജില്ലകളിലെ വളപട്ടണം, കുപ്പം, പെരുമ്പ, അഞ്ചരകണ്ടി, മാഹി, തലശ്ശേരി, നീലേശ്വരം, തേജസ്വിനി, വിലയ, പറമ്പാതടാകം, ചന്ദ്രഗിരി എന്നീ ജലാശയങ്ങളും, അവിടുത്തെ കലാരൂപങ്ങളും, പ്രകൃതി വിഭവങ്ങളുമെല്ലാം ഈ ടൂറിസം പദ്ധതിയിലൂടെ ലോകത്തിന് പരിചയപ്പെടുത്താനാകും. നദികളിലൂടെ 197 കിലോമീറ്റർ ബോട്ട് യാത്ര ചെയ്ത് ഓരോ തീരത്തും ആ പ്രദേശത്തിന്റെ സവിശേഷതയോടെ സഞ്ചാരികളെ സ്വീകരിക്കുന്നതിനാണ് പദ്ധതി വിഭാവനം ചെയ്തിരിക്കുന്നത്. 325 കോടി രൂപയുടെ ഈ പദ്ധതി മലബാറിന് ടൂറിസം രംഗത്ത് നിര്*ണായക സ്ഥാനം നേടികൊടുക്കും. മുസിരിസ് മാതൃകയില്* ആധുനിക സൗകര്യങ്ങളോടെയുള്ള ശീതികരിച്ച വിനോദസഞ്ചാര ബോട്ടുകളാണ് മലബാര്* ക്രൂസ് പദ്ധതിയില്* ഉപയോഗിക്കുക. മലിനീകരണം ഒഴിവാക്കുന്നതിന് ബയോ ടോയ്*ലറ്റുകള്* അടക്കമുള്ള സംവിധാനങ്ങള്* ഏര്*പ്പെടുത്തും. വിനോദസഞ്ചാരികള്*ക്ക് താമസിക്കുന്നതിനായി ഹോം സ്റ്റേ സൗകര്യം ഒരുക്കുന്നതിനും മറ്റുമായി തദ്ദേശവാസികള്*ക്ക് കിറ്റ്സ് പരിശീലനം നല്*കും. ഉത്തരവാദിത്ത ടൂറിസം ഗ്രാമങ്ങളെന്ന നിലയില്* മൂന്ന് ദ്വീപുകളെ മലബാര്* ക്രൂസ് പദ്ധതിയുടെ ഭാഗമാക്കും.

കടകംപള്ളി സുരേന്ദ്രന്*
സംസ്ഥാന ടൂറിസം വകുപ്പ് മന്ത്രി

#KeralaLeads #LeftAlternative

·
here and there
4,455 Posts
Last week, I took a trip through out the beaches of Kannur district, starting from Dharmadam all the way to Kavvayi. Covering Muzhuppilangad, Thottada, Kizhunna, Payyambalam, Chaal beach, Choottaad, Ettikulam etc. Not because I was searching for some business opportunities in tourism sector in the light of the opening of Kannur airport. No. I am past that age. I did it for the heck of it.

It was a revelation to me. I wondered why nobody is after the virgin beaches covering fifty kms of the district. At least six picturesque rivers joining the sea at different points. I think this stretch is simply waiting there for somebody to use her. But nobody has so far come forward. I see scope for a minimum of six five star hotels on these beaches. And innumerable resorts and home stays.

Here is a big opportunity for our youth, hospitality industry and tour operators. Why wait for a useless Visa to a desert land. When you can earn through your nose if you are properly trained in tourist industry. You can even put your heads together and form some co-operative enterprises. Even women can do it. Only thing is you should get some training in how to handle tourists, especially foreign ones. Here is a gold mine waiting.

The government should do their part too. By building the necessary infrastructure and maintaining the law and order. Banishing the 'Hartals'. Opening up more recreation for tourists like liquor outlets. Giving financial aid and training to the aspirant entrepreneurs.

I know the psychology of beach tourists very well, the predominant among them from foreign countries. All of them will love it. To boot it, Kannur has enough scope for hill tourism, adventure tourism, cultural tourism, medical tourism and temple tourism. Not to speak of the novelty of experience for them to witness 'Theyyam' festivals from November to May. In its original form in the rustic atmosphere. In the night. It would be a mesmerizing experience for them.

Any takers?
It is better to be unnoticed. Our Tourism department is a crap. If they knew about any new place, They will put same style interlock tiles and cheap roofed waiting placed in those places. it will be destroyed in few years and the place will look worse than before.

We have no idea how to preserve natural beauty with natural beauty in it.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
By infrastructure, I meant roads, hospitality facilities, sanitation, entertainment, law and order etc. Not 'inter-lock' pave tiles. There is no concept of maintaining anything in Kerala. Everything constructed will be damaged, destructed and gone with in a few years. This is true of a simple thing like street light and traffic signals.

Yes, you are right. Natural beauty does not mean 'inter-lock'. But trees and rivers and things like that. In Kerala they can plant more trees in tourist spots, construct lawns and gardens and try not to change the contour of the nature.

It is a tall order in Kerala. Easier said than done.

·
Travancore
8,882 Posts

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
https://starofmysore.com/mysuru-kodagu-figure-in-malabar-tourism-zone/

Mysuru, Kodagu Figure In Malabar Tourism Zone

Zone to focus on health and wellness tourism

Madikeri / Mysuru: A Malabar Tourism Zone has been formed including Mysuru and Kodagu by the authorities of Kannur Airport and several tourism stakeholders in Kerala to give a right direction for the development of tourism in Malabar region and to exploit the unexplored areas in Mysuru and Kodagu.

The Malabar Tourism Zone was formed at a Tourism Fraternity Meeting that was held in Kannur on Feb. 7 and the event was organised by Kannur International Airport Limited (KIAL) and Bekal Resources Development Corporation Limited (BRDC) in association with the North Malabar Chamber of Commerce. Members of Kodagu Chamber of Commerce, Mysuru Chamber of Commerce, Coorg Hotels Resorts Associations and Coorg Travel Association participated in the discussions.

At the meeting, Thulasidas, Managing Director of KIAL said that a separate outlet will be given to Kodagu at the Airport to promote its tourism activities. Questions as to how to utilize the Kannur International Airport for exploring the tourism potential of North Malabar and the nearby Kodagu and Mysuru in Karnataka, the region’s potential for health and wellness tourism, and the scope of experiential tourism were among those raised at the meet.

Thulasidas said the works on Tourism Village at the airport would be accelerated to enhance the development of tourism and to attract more passengers. “At the Tourism Village, separate sections will be provided to disseminate information about the tourism potential of Kodagu and Mysuru,” he said.

“Tourism in Malabar region is on a leap forward with the commencement of the new airport in Kannur. We have been expecting an increased number of foreign tourists to travel through the Airport,” said Thulasidas.

Kerala Tourism Secretary Rani George said that tourism was on a new trajectory in the region with the launch of the Kannur Airport. “With the arrival of Kannur Airport, a new tourism route is opened in the largely unexplored north Malabar parts of South Karnataka including Mysuru and Kodagu. Connectivity has improved and we are promoting Kannur Airport in road shows for tour operators in India and abroad,” said Rani George.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
SUPPORT FOR KERALA'S SPICE ROUTE TOURISM FROM MANY COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Malanaad Malabar River Cruise Tourism Circuit Project Inaugurated By Union Tourism Minister Sri. Alphonse Kannanthanam

·
Travancore
8,882 Posts

Reactions: Reghu
1041 - 1060 of 1064 Posts