Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Dear Green Place

~o0o~

Across the Dear Green Place you can see many instances of Nature attempting to regain possession of the city - usually surreptitiously, but sometimes outrageously.

If you've came across any images of this never-ending war then share them here...

:)

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've seen some amazing flora growing from Glasgow buildings over the years. If this city was abandoned to Nature then after a couple of centuries it would look forlorn - for sure. But stunning too.

These buildings in Tradeston conjured up images by Piranesi...

~o0o~

~o0o~

~o0o~

·
2,231 Posts
I'm sure there was a planning app. approved a few months ago for that building, to convert the ground floor & basement into a restaurant and the upper floors into an office or hotel or something along those line...

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Mr. B said:
I'm sure there was a planning app. approved a few months ago for that building, to convert the ground floor & basement into a restaurant and the upper floors into an office or hotel or something along those line...
Yup work going on the building now, workers been on site for months and it appears to be the whole building getting sorted.

·
MORI
8,646 Posts
Yup work going on the building now, workers been on site for months and it appears to be the whole building getting sorted.
Aye its had planning consent since last year Taco, look foward to the building being restored and yes its a beautiful building. :)

11/02490/DC | Use of ground floor and basement as restaurant and public house with new entrance, reintroduction of steps to frontage, formation of integrated refuse store to rear, use of upper floors as office accommodation and installation of louver vents at roof level. | 24 St Vincent Place Glasgow G1 2EU

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
St Vincent Place. Shame that building has been left to deteriorate like this.
I know.

It's a beautiful building...

^^ The people who brought this into being did Glasgow a favour.

Superb workmanship...​

~o0o~

~o0o~

RapidTaco said:
M Riaz said:
Aye its had planning consent since last year Taco, look foward to the building being restored and yes its a beautiful building. :)
Great news. :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
I've seen some amazing flora growing from Glasgow buildings over the years. If this city was abandoned to Nature then after a couple of centuries it would look forlorn -
~o0o~​

~o0o~​

I've been away for some years now, but the way they've let the Rotunda and Alexander ‘Greek’ Thomson's church on St Vincent Street deteriorate is an absolute bloody disgrace :eek:hno:

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is where the squirrel drinks...

~o0o~

And this is where it lives...

~o0o~

~o0o~

'A half of lager and a packet of nuts please.'

1 - 20 of 203 Posts