Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
✪ DWF Generalsekretär
5,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still one of the most interesting parts of homes is a hifi system.
Many famous designers like Dieter Rams or Jacob Jensen wrote history. Many ideas of apple were inspired by great hifi products.
One should never forget, there's a huge community who loves vintage gear and audiophiles who enjoy to have a huge sound experience.

This was my old system from Braun (Dieter Rams Design).

I never had the tv, old hifi stuff is cool, but an old tv certainly not ;)

Since two or three years I have an Bang Olufsen system.
A Beovision like this:

with a Beosystem 7000 in black:

a white system in my bureau ;)

And my speakers:
Beolab Pentas :cool:

The pentas are still very popular:
https://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/25/garden/the-new-audio-geeks.html

·
✪ DWF Generalsekretär
5,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One of the most interesting parts about hifi is, that people use 20 or 30 years old stuff and enjoy the beautiful sound. This is for a technical product very unusual. But Hifi is still completly a different thing.

A friend of me is 28 uses spotify with old Yamaha speakers. The NS 1000 have a very goog reputation and many audiophiles rate them higher than modern speaker sytems.

Yamaha new NS 5000 system

·
Registered
362 Posts
One of the most interesting parts about hifi is, that people use 20 or 30 years old stuff and enjoy the beautiful sound. This is for a technical product very unusual. But Hifi is still completly a different thing.
not just 20 or 30 years, for what I've seen a lot of extreme audiophiles go for stuff that could be even 80, 90 or even 100 years old like Western Electric horns. For what I understand, it seems that the quality of many old components was never surpassed.
Personally I don't have a good system but I certainly love the look of a good audio system.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts