SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Charm City lives up to its name with a great array of old fashioned brick rowhomes and stylish newer townhomes. Take a loo.

Uhh...this was taken in March.

A few images of Baltimore's Metro Subway (opened 1983)

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Thanks for the great tour. Baltimore reminds me of an east coast version of Cincinatti on a harbor. It also reminds me of Philly a bit too, especially the Fairmount neighborhoods with its hills. Some may find all the brick to be oppressive, I like the warmth and everlasting sturdiness of it.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Naptown, Baltimore has a heavy rail subway line that runs from Johns Hopkins University just outside downtown to Owings Mills northwest of the city. It's a 15.5 mile route, about evenly split between underground tunnel and concrte elevated.

The lighrtrail system is separate from the subway and runs from north of the city, through downtown and south to Baltimore-Washington Airport.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Yep, that's Baltimore. Great tour. I am still amazed with the stepping out of your front door onto the sidewalk. Is the Lexington Market (not sure about the name) still there? I remember we took a trip there when I was a kid from D.C. I remember my father bought some fresh fish and liver there. lol!! Great pics. Thanks for the memories.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.