SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
41,030 Posts
Well you've had a feast of office buildings to look at then. Perhaps we can get a few that appeal to a different aesthetic. CC3, CIBC Square, and this one are a breath of fresh air for me. The top of this is a little too abrupt but overall I'm pleased with what I see.

·
Premium Member
79,182 Posts
I think the exoskeleton design is kind of an international style of architecture popularized by architects like Norman Foster. We are not used to seeing a lot of it in Canada yet; personally I welcome the change from the standard glass office tower. Nice to have a bit of variation! :eek:kay:

·
Registered
536 Posts
I think it's a beauty. Love the clear glass especially the grand atrium's on various floors and the load bearing structure is a marvel of engineering! I only wish it were taller.

Downtown has moved south the density in this area is off the charts only problem is transit hasn't followed. On top of the DRL they will need to build a whole new subway line to service this area at this pace of development and population explosion!

·
A world in a world city.
1,091 Posts
Interesting looking tower.

As with anything else being built in Toronto, we have to wait for final renderings - after they have gone through their Value Engineering and gutted the design.

·
Canadiense
1,305 Posts
Not a fan of the ladder-look it has going on on all four sides from top to bottom. Also, still another blue-glass and steal square box. There are enough of those in South Core. We need more buildings that make better use of colour, shapes angles, and more consideration to the top of a building (exs. light, spires, stepbacks, etc..)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.