Change is Here!
- 4th Longest suspension bridge in the world - Longest from 1981 to 1997
- Towers are 155.5m (510ft) tall - only 2 metres shorter than Beetham Manchester for comparison
- The towers are 36mm further apart at the top than they are at the bottom due to the curve of the earth.
- Enough wire in the cables to circle the earth almost twice
- Span: 1,410 metres (4,626 ft)
- Total Length: 2,220 metres (7,283 ft)
Fookin' huge, and I think very elegant.
Best pictures I could find, but trust me. They don't do this beauty any justice at all!