SkyscraperCity Forum banner

THE INTERNATIONAL | 9 Princes St | Completed

31K views 80 replies 36 participants last post by  gutterclub 
#1 ·
Proposed refurbishment of the old Fonterra building on Princes St by Sanctuary Group.

http://theinternational.co.nz/

The International is an apartment building of rare quality. An iconic exoskeleton complements a restored historic façade in the heart of the city. Apartments feature a three-metre internal ceiling height and luxurious, contemporary fittings. With a range of amenities more commonly found in a 6-Star hotel, it is a residence for those expecting the best.

The International
by K24BOY, on Flickr

See less See more
#9 ·
More renders

Website has been updated:

"Apartments at The International are generously sized and beautifully appointed. Every apartment has an exceptional three metre ceiling height and feature spectacular city, park or sea views. They are contemporary and timeless: it is a luxuriously restrained aesthetic using materials that have been chosen for both their beauty and durability – natural stone, custom timber cabinetry and imported wide-boarded timber flooring.

Each apartment is loaded with up-to-the-minute technology and building systems. All apartments are fully air-conditioned and centrally heated, with heat pumps ducted into every living & bedroom. Insulation easily exceeds the highest energy efficiency requirements of the current building code, and all ceiling lighting will be high-efficiency LED. They’re also whisper quiet, thanks to double-glazed acoustic glass with inter-tenancy walls that also exceed the current building code."

"The International is alluring city living at its finest. Completing the living spaces is a generous list of building amenities. On the podium, there is a large outdoor swimming pool and spa. Next to the lobby is a beautifully designed and furnished café, which transforms into a lounge after dark, run by the Pondarosa Group. Just off the main foyer and beside the café is a private dining room – an exclusive space for an evening with up to 20 friends or business associates."

#14 ·
Received an email from a agent today with some pricing (extract below).

I hear they are about 50% sold so far which bodes well for this coming to fruition!

There are a number of options available ranging from:

1 bedroom from $940,000 on the 8th floor to $1,230,000 on the 14th floor

2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, + study: ranging from 137m2 priced at $1.390,000 to
2 bedroom, 2 bathroom: 165m2 priced at $2,850,000

3 bedroom, 2 bathroom: 211m2 priced at $3,320,000 to

penthouse options with 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, + media room: 392m2 priced at $7,750,000

I also have a brochure in .pdf but not sure how to share this on skyscraper if anyone's interested?

#18 ·
This external lattice feature is really taking off.

Amazing transformation if they can pull it off. Is it me or do the first 8 or so floors above the podium angle outward? Correction: It's just me - they look perfectly vertical in other views.

Agreed it would be great if double the height but I guess we should take what we can get in terms of quality design. Those look like some mean party decks up top :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.