Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Ionian Islands are situated in West Greece. Two of them are Zakynthos and Kefalonia.

Kefalonia
Beaches

Caves

Fiscardo

Zakynthos-Zante
Zakynthos city

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Beautiful photos. I must get back to Kefallonia soon. After all, I was born there :)

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
My experiences in Kefalonia have been nothing but fantastic!
I especially liked Fiskardo where Prince Henrik of Denmark pulled up outside the restaurant I was eating at in his multi-million dollar yacht!

Very exclusive Island and definitely has some of the best beaches including Myrto!

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Have never been to Ionian islands but I can tell the nature and architecture looks exactly like one in Montenegro and Dalmatia.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
actually you're right mate..i just checked on the net pics of Dalmatia and some from Montenegro and they've got some similarities!they're all very beautiful :) :0

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Here are my friend some pictures of Ithaki:

Ithaca,although a small island,is full of history and it's capital has one of the world's largest natural harbors

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Beautiful photos. I must get back to Kefallonia soon. After all, I was born there :)

I also like the Ionian people very much. The culture, music, language, food in the Ionians are clearly Venetian influenced. Nearly all the aristocracy claim Venetian descent. :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The ship was wrecked in 1983 while it was carrying smuggled cigarettes and chased by the navy, people say. :dunno:

More shipwreck images. Some claim it is Greece's most impressive beach! :nuts:

·
Banned
6,671 Posts
3 Cruise ships in a kilometer long beach, that'll destroy the area in a short time. I guess some people don't mind looking at a huge ship in front of them while relaxing on the beach.

·
Civilization
2,713 Posts
Greece is paradise!!!!!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts