Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

And This is my city, MOSUL. Before anyone starts, yes it is Arabic. It is in the North and it is one of the many arab cities that are quite green.

Iraq isn't as bad as people think. :runaway:

This is Zaafaraniya in Baghdad, the Iraqi slums for the poor. The graveyards is a bottom.

Some high rises

Baghdad's Shoalin master

The long gone -Iraqi air force

Tikrit -Saddams place, hheheheh

Baghdad again

Baghdad Park -Mansour

Mosul's Palace - Now taken over by 101'st Airborne - very beautiful

Snow in Mosul - Sorry people but the only people with cameras in Iraq are US soldiers, ehhehe.

Mosul's Mountain region

The reason US went to war can almost be seen on the horizon

Basrah International Airport - Very nice airport

There seems to be quite a change to one of Saddam's rooms - what did it change to;

Oh here we go - US troops made a gym here - *sigh*

Mosul Snowing again

Now this is what we are used to

Iraqi police academy -Adnan Academy

Heres what everyone was waiting for - The republican palace

Ever wondered where US troops sleep

·
Prince of Persia
1,928 Posts
No i know the north and the south arent bad but central Iraq is (I have family there believe me i know)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
shayan said:
No i know the north and the south arent bad but central Iraq is (I have family there believe me i know)
Central Iraq, as in what Baghdad, Fallujah and Tikrit.

They are unstable but i am talking about beauty wise. The pictures aren't bad.

·
Prince of Persia
1,928 Posts
Yes i hope Iraq can go back to the iraq of the 60ies and 70ies.

Reactions: Yaghuth

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Take them all, they are uncopyrighted and for everyone to see. It is great that people are interested, i might post some more after. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
shayan said:
Yes i hope Iraq can go back to the iraq of the 60ies and 70ies.
Hopefully, but that would mean Iraq going back to Abdul-Qareem Qasim era. That guy was a communist lover, Iraq should be looking to bring back the times of the Abbasids, when Baghdad was the capital of the whole Islamic empire, thats something to be proud of, but for now anything but reality is better IMO. :)

·
Registered
649 Posts
^^every country has it ups and downs iraq has very big potential, someday iraq will be as great as when it was the birthplace of modern civilization:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
conquest said:
^^every country has it ups and downs iraq has very big potential, someday iraq will be as great as when it was the birthplace of modern civilization:)
True, but Iraq has a big huge down, from a superpower to supershower. But i guess your right, all countries bounce back up some time. Hope you like the pictures, i updated it so you guys and use them if you want. :)

·
Iran Mehr
393 Posts
Iraq can be once again great. With the enormous amount of natural resources that it has (having the third largest conventional oil reserves after Saudi Arabia and Iran, and only having 10% of the country explored for oil!), they can rebuid the country and be happy and prosperous.

Baghdad will also hopefully once again be a center for justice like it was from the 3rd to the 7th century, and hopefully be a center for science and knowledge like it was in the 7th-10th centuries :)

·
Banned
2,381 Posts
imagine all the money that was spent on palaces and monuments..
at least now its spent on gyms and people

·
Lord of Legoland
10,895 Posts
Nice pics... I have only been in the southern part of the country, which had been neglected by Saddam for a lot of years, but Basra did have some nice apartment complexes in the outskirt and many of the suburban areas are real cozy - I kinda get the feeling Mosul is like that too..

Basra Airport is now the HQ for the MNDSE - we used to be stationed there for a week at the time to conduct Helicopter patrols over Basra and the southern part - The Airport is very nice and still have a few shops.. it's a bit surreal to enter it, since it looks like something from the 70's with all the interiors kept in brown and orange, plus the level of luxury doesn't really fit the surrounding area - but hopefully it will very soon.. the Iraqi people truly deserves that!

·
Registered
245 Posts
hey fakkous. are you iraqi or a soldier?
i have a question. i noticed there werent many advertisment billbords. what type of advertisments or photos are usually on the billboards in iraq?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm British but have Iraqi born parents, some one emailed me these photos so i wanted to share them with you, since you people like buildings and natural stuff. :)

But from what i have seen from photo's and TV, most billboards advertise the new Iraqi army and security forces, there are many in Baghdad saying "be the eyes and ears of the police" and stuff like that, i don't live there so i'm not much help really.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
nice pics!! Iraq looks great, lots of potential

That first post seems to be growing more and more... can u just post more pics on a new post cos the first page will get bigger and take longer to load :)

1 - 20 of 64 Posts