SkyscraperCity Forum banner

The LA Skyline

104643 89
Do you guys think the LA skyline would be more appreciated if it was built on the ocean instead of the middle of the city. I really like the skyline how it is..but it would look so much more impressive if it was on the ocean.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
I understand what you're saying, it looks nice now, but picture it built against the ocean. It would be even more impressive.
I understand the points you guys are saying, and I agree with them. I wasn't looking deep into the question by Redd because I think he's speaking of simple visual terms. Of course the LA scenery is amazing, each element compliments each other.

But on terms of simply looking at the buildings in the downtown themselves (and the area in close proximity), it would be really interesting to see those towers built near a large body of water. This isn't saying the skyline doesn't look good now, it's a simple statement that it would trippy if it was very near to a body of water as well...
lowrider said:
^The skyline is great where it is! Downtown is basically where Los Angeles originated and its the heart of the metropolitan area, thats where the central bussiness district should be located. Plus the Sta Monica, Culver City, Long Beach, & LAX skylines are near the Pacific shoreline. Having the skyline there is good because it brings opportunity and investment to inland areas of the megalopolis. And when a tsunami hits? I'll be glad those buildings are inland!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.