·
Registered
9,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
9,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
This part of downtown is shaping up nicely. Someone on the other forum posted the full list of recent, in-progress and future developments, so I made a graphic to illustrate some of them:

- Portland Tower (Fall 2016) - replaced surface lot
- Kraus Anderson Offices (Fall 2017) - replaced small office and surface lot
- Armory (Winter 2017 - landscaping outstanding) - replaced parking garage
- Hennepin Healthcare (Spring 2018) - replaced one-story building and surface lot
- HQ Apartments (Spring 2018) - replaced small office and surface lot
- Finnegan's House (Spring 2018) - replaced small office and surface lot
- Elliot Park Hotel (Fall 2018) - replaced small office and surface lot
- S 6th St and 5th Ave S Apartments (breaking ground) - replaced surface lot
- Thrivent HQ Block (breaking ground) - replaced surface lot
- House of Charity (planned) - replaced existing one-story building and surface lot
- 801 Portland (planned) - replaced one-story building and surface lot
- S 6th St/S 7th St and Portland Ave, Hennepin Healthcare Expansion (rumored) - replace surface lot

·
Registered
95 Posts
Does anybody know what happened to the apartment project that was proposed to wrap around Erik the Red and the First Covenant Church on the surface parking lot? The white outline is shown in this picture. I remember reading they were trying hard to take advantage of some program to have it built before the Super Bowl but clearly that never happened.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Does anybody know what happened to the apartment project that was proposed to wrap around Erik the Red and the First Covenant Church on the surface parking lot? The white outline is shown in this picture. I remember reading they were trying hard to take advantage of some program to have it built before the Super Bowl but clearly that never happened.
They've been talking about it for so long I had forgotten they were still working on this. The discussion for this plot started before the stadium even started construction. I wonder if the developer fell through or if the funding source ran dry?

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I guess there's now a drilling rig on this site as of last Thursday. How can much of anything be moving forward without even having any plans be made public, much less this going through an approval process (unless I've missed something...)?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I guess there's now a drilling rig on this site as of last Thursday. How can much of anything be moving forward without even having any plans be made public, much less this going through an approval process (unless I've missed something...)?
the portland/washington project had drilling going on about a week or two prior to the project going public. This could be in a similar boat.

·
6,504 Posts

Kraus-Anderson proposes apartments on Wells Fargo site in Minneapolis

Kraus-Anderson has set its sights on land across the street from its recently developed mixed-use block in downtown Minneapolis for another project.

The developer has proposed to build a 16-story apartment tower with approximately 330 units and a new Wells Fargo bank on half a block where there is currently a bank and parking lot on 8th Street between Portland and Park avenues.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Retail and more housing downtown is always good, but it would be nice if KA would go up instead of these wide behemoth structures. This geometrically the same structure that they just built, and I realize they've hit on a profitable product, but stepping it up to be skinnier and taller for a downtown parcel would be appreciated by many I'm sure.

When I think about The Expo, 333 Hennepin and Nord Haus on the other side of the river and then how many of these types of developments we're getting right outside the heart of the core downtown I can't help to think what could be. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of others proposed in the 20+ story range and beggers can't be choosers, but beggers can hope for 6 or 7 more stories on some of these projects :)

1 - 20 of 121 Posts