SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The latest on anything taller than the four seasons would be greatly appreciated thanks.Also any other info on the statas of the building boom will be apreciated.I love photos of the Miami skyline please feel free to show them off. :)

·
Registered
10,091 Posts
Met 3 should be breaking ground any week now. It's height has been a bit of a controversy, anywhere from 828' to 866.

The Flatiron was recently approved and is 794'.

Of course Empire World Towers, announced at 1124' is still winding its way throught the approvals process.

There have been recent rumblings of upcoming projects of 1,000' or more.

Finally, sadly, the 849' 1101 Brickell recently cancelled.

Oh, and Brickell CitiCentre has been approved, with the tallest tower being 808'.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Don't forget 600 Brickell, proposed at a height of 903'. If it gets built and the Empire World Towers don't, it will be Miami's tallest.

·
Registered
10,091 Posts
PeterSmith said:
So Empire World Towers is still at its original height? Why did I think it had been scaled back to 56 floors?
EWT may yet get scaled down, but 56 floors was the projected height of the previous project planned for that site.

·
Savior of Gondor
1,505 Posts
would still be the new tallest at that height

·
Registered
243 Posts
I had lunch at Baja Fresh today and accross the street on the flatiron site I saw some notices posted on the fence. They say there is a public hearing on the site for flatiron on 6/22/06 at Miami City Hall, pan american drive. It also lists the proposed APPROXIMATE height as 794 ft.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts