6,665 Posts
Stop showing off, Chest, ffs!

·
Registered
63 Posts

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
good shots Lumberjack, night pics are tricky.
Are you shooting raw files yet? one of the best moves you can do photography wise.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
good shots Lumberjack, night pics are tricky.
Are you shooting raw files yet? one of the best moves you can do photography wise.
Thank you - I must start using raw. I'm still getting my head around getting the best ISO. The experts say keep ISO as low as possible but I find the shots too dark even with long exposure times so tend to push it higher to 400. I also think the 60d is getting pushed to it's limits with noise and the benefit of a full frame sensor may help. I've upgraded all my lenses to EF so I'm tempted to get the 5D m3 this week. Chest once gain thanks for being a real inspiration for new photographers every time I see one of your shots I always try and work out how you did them :cheers:

·
City Slicker
213 Posts
Thank you - I must start using raw. I'm still getting my head around getting the best ISO. The experts say keep ISO as low as possible but I find the shots too dark even with long exposure times so tend to push it higher to 400. I also think the 60d is getting pushed to it's limits with noise and the benefit of a full frame sensor may help. I've upgraded all my lenses to EF so I'm tempted to get the 5D m3 this week. Chest once gain thanks for being a real inspiration for new photographers every time I see one of your shots I always try and work out how you did them :cheers:
at iso400 the 60d is no where near its noise limits

7721 - 7740 of 11446 Posts