SkyscraperCity banner

8301 - 8320 of 11446 Posts

·
The taller, the better.
266 Posts
Credit due to chest for the original image.

I'd imagine this will be what it will look like when topped out, of course theres no cladding there, but when it does appear, you can make out that it will make a real impact on the skyline

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Anonymous-scraperfan said:
I'd imagine this will be what it will look like when topped out, of course theres no cladding there, but when it does appear, you can make out that it will make a real impact on the skyline
Fantastic photo and great bit of photoshop. I'm looking forward to taking some photos from the plant levels at the top!!

·
The taller, the better.
266 Posts
Actually I just did some copying and pasting in microsoft Paint, and should be that exact height if you look at it in comparison to Heron Tower's spire. It shouldn't look so different this time next year or perhaps near to Easter which is when i'm hoping it will top out.

Even though the floorspace is getting smaller, the cladding still needs to catch up so I think the floors will probably take the same amount of time every section (a bit like the Shard's construction actually - doing interiors, cladding and then continuing up).

·
Registered
524 Posts
i was getting worried we wouldn't be able to view the progress through the webcam because it would get taller than visible but they propped it up so phew :)

·
City Slicker
213 Posts
Looking at the completed photo above this surely must mean that the furthest south TC wont jump any higher, as its allready lower than the other three, and it will just be too far from the building the higher it goes

·
Registered
155 Posts
I drove by it last night and I think the cladding is amazing. It so transparent that it does not detract from the gorgeous steelwork underneath, which had been my fear. The building is wonderfully slender and almost organic with its metal guts visible. I was lukewarm about it at the start but this could be the best skyscraper in London. Spectacular architecture.

·
unregistered
4,624 Posts
quirkey and 21st C, THATS how we like it.
All we ned now is a few more scraper and a supertall to give us a jolly decent city cluster.
And i AM confident that it'll happen b4 hugh n me are pushing up daisies ;-)

8301 - 8320 of 11446 Posts