Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure how many of you have got involved with the open source project on Wikipedia, however, as one of the greatest projects on the planet I think it would also benefit from people's entries who are passionate about the city. Please find a link below. Also please feel free to put comment on this thread if you dont feel like adding entries on there yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leeds

·
Tax avoider
24,140 Posts
I've just flicked through, and spotted a couple of things.

1. It's Headingley Carnegie Stadium, not Carnegie Headingley Stadium.
2. Since when has Xscape been in Leeds?!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you click on the link headingley Stadium this point is covered on the wikipedia entry

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
I almost started a thread on this myself - wikipedia always comes up in searches. I've added a few things to the Leeds entry myself as it was pretty lame when I first came across it.
If anyone does add to it, try to be impartial (it's hard to do), but it makes for a more credible read.
We could really add weight to the 'developments' section... Even create entries for some of Leeds' developments?!?!

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
I'm sure I added all of Leeds' twin cities to the article but someone has got rid of them :bash:
That's the only problem with these things - they're only as good as the last edit.
It might seem petty, but adding the twin cities has the following effect:
-Increases the chance of the article coming up in searches
-Links to the cities that Leeds is twinned with (which is visible to people reading about those cities)
-Adds interest to people who are from Leeds' twin cities, maybe encouraging them to visit.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have added this site as a link as Leeds Skyscapers.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have added a new section under Culture named Communities. Needs loads of updating though. Will get some more accurate information.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LeedsLad said:
I'm sure I added all of Leeds' twin cities to the article but someone has got rid of them :bash:
That's the only problem with these things - they're only as good as the last edit.
It might seem petty, but adding the twin cities has the following effect:
-Increases the chance of the article coming up in searches
-Links to the cities that Leeds is twinned with (which is visible to people reading about those cities)
-Adds interest to people who are from Leeds' twin cities, maybe encouraging them to visit.
I've added the twin cities back in, however, if anybody could edit to add on the flags this would be fantastic. Also on each of Leeds' twinned cities I've ensured there is an entry - generally these are towards the bottom unless already there. In some cases the twin cities also need flags adding on. Any volunteers?

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Cheers Andy I was well miffed when I noticed my 15 minutes worth had been deleted. Great to have links from our twin cities pages too... You might be able to copy the formatting from the 'City of Leeds' entry which I came across recently?...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Take a look at the discussion page on the Leeds or the City of Leeds entry on wikipedia- add your feedback. Its nuts.........The conversation though in someways mirrors the forum on tourism on Skyscrapers.

·
Registered
9,539 Posts
I don't actually know I just found the render of La Lumiere which was uploaded by another user for a different article (hence why no pictures on the Criterion Place article). If anyone knows how to submit images of Criterion Place into Wikipedia especailly the early Norman Foster proposals then that would be great.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts