SkyscraperCity banner

Are you in favor of a federal Philippines?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
12081 - 12100 of 12125 Posts

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Based on the news on tv, Davao got the biggest (peso value) veto, next Central Luzon. :)

But seeing all these construction of multi purpose buildings, we know what they're for. :)
Ginagawang gatasan ng mga tongressman at mayor yan multipurpurpose building. Puro mga pinapaboran na contractors ang madalas manalondyan.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Zubiri, Lacson brushes off talks on Senate leadership change
By: Maila Ager - Reporter / @MAgerINQ INQUIRER.net / 03:51 PM May 15, 2019

MANILA, Philippines —Will Senate President Vicente “Tito” Sotto III keep his post when the 18th Congress opens in July?

“I’m not sure who wants to make a go for it, but definitely the combined bloc of the Seatmates and Macho block is a group to contend with,” Zubiri continued.

The so-called ‘Macho’ bloc is composed of Sotto, Senators Panfilo Lacson, and Gringo Honasan, whose term will expire in June.

The “Seatmates” bloc, on the other hand, is composed of Zubiri, Angara, Ejercito, Sherwin Gatchalian, Joel Villanueva, Richard Gordon, Binay, and Villar.

Even if Sotto offers to resign, Lacson is confident that most, if not all new members of the majority, would still ask the Senate leader to keep his post.

Lacson also downplayed any ouster move against Sotto, saying that there is no reason to replace the present leadership.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Poe to stay with Senate majority only if Sotto keeps his post
By: Maila Ager - Reporter / @MAgerINQ INQUIRER.net / 07:01 PM May 10, 2019

MANILA, Philippines — If she wins another term, Senator Grace Poe said she would likely stay with the majority bloc for as long as Senate President Vicente “Tito” Sotto III keeps his post.

“I’m still inclined to join the majority if Senator Tito Sotto will remain as Senate President,” she told reporters before her miting de avance in Tondo, Manila on Friday. “Kasi para sa akin ang pagiging majority ay kung naniniwala ka sa liderato ng Senado (Because for me, being with the majority means you believe in the Senate leadership.)

While she remains an independent, Poe became part of the Senate majority bloc when she backed Sotto’s election as Senate leader.

But being part of the majority does not mean always supporting administration-backed measures, she said.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
^ As always. TraPoe playing politics.

Everybody knows if the PDP-NP coalition want the Senate Presidency they can get it. There's like 10 of them now. It's really up to Sotto if he wants to keep his post. I'd rather have Koko back or Migz. Tito had his time.

·
Registered
20,858 Posts
Speaking of TraPOE: Ilayo nyo sa sha dito pleaseeeee

Duterte-backed Tolentino vows to push for traffic emergency powers in Senate
Published May 18, 2019 8:42pm
By MARGARET CLAIRE LAYUG, GMA News

Former Presidential Adviser on Political Affairs Francis Tolentino, who is poised to land a seat in the Senate, reiterated on Friday that he is in favor of granting emergency powers to President Rodrigo Duterte to tackle the land transport crisis in the country.

The Senate and the House of Representatives have filed their respective emergency power bills, but both are still pending approval.

During an interview on "Cabinet Report sa Teleradyo" aired on Radyo Pilipinas on Friday, Presidential Communications Secretary Martin Andanar asked Tolentino: "Are you going to push for the emergency powers?"

"Tama po, nabanggit ko iyon noong campaign na kung kinakailangang ire-file iyong emergency powers, gagawin po natin ‘yan," said the senatorial candidate.

"Pag-uusapan namin ni Pangulo, kasi maliit po ‘yung perception dati na tungkol sa procurement lang ‘yan eh. Para po sa akin, tingnan ninyo sa kabuuan pati iyong schedule ng pasok sa pribado, sa eskuwelahan, puwede naman pong maging flexi hours, schedule ng mall operations…marami pa hong iba," he added.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Duterte-backed Tolentino vows to push for traffic emergency powers in Senate
Published May 18, 2019 8:42pm
By MARGARET CLAIRE LAYUG, GMA News
I surely hope Tolentino knows what he is going to do with the traffic measure. AFAIK, he was an epic fail when he was MMDA Chair. His legacy is the blue lane for motorsiklos in the middle (!) of EDSA. And he did away with all the improvements Bayani Fernando introduced (minus the pink paint.) Anyway, I wish DU30 a lot of luck. If not, he can always hire proper experienced consultants (local and/or foreign) to organize the mess in Manila. It's about time, and he has only 3 years to complete this makeover. Time is running out Tatang Digong.

·
sabroso
338 Posts
^^that is if Poe is no longer the comm chair for this churvaloo. Hehe

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Poe doesn't have the votes. Even Tito, should PDP-Laban and NP want to replace him.

But I think PDP+NP will let Sotto keep his presidency in favor of their desired commitees based on Digong's legislative agenda.

Sotto, nwy has been supportive of Digong except maybe on Federalism and the Death Penalty

·
6,136 Posts
^^ I'm surprised Sotto isn't for Death Penalty. He strikes me as one of the more conservative senators...

·
6,136 Posts
^^ Pwede na yun. And if I recall, even Grace Poe is for Death Penalty for heinous crimes as well.

·
Registered
20,858 Posts
Basta lahat ng choice committees sa Majority

Wag na ulitin yung Kokote compromise na ginawa niya nung 2016 para maging SP sha

·
6,136 Posts
^^ That would be Committee on Public Services but yeah, I suppose Francis Tol would be the best fit. But I will surely miss the rivalry between Grace Poe and Joseph Emilio Aguinaldo Abaya. :D

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
he is specially for drug related conviction.

https://news.mb.com.ph/2019/03/16/sotto-pushes-for-reimposition-of-death-penalty-for-heinous-crimes/

Sotto pushes for reimposition of death penalty for heinous crimes
I guess I'm mistaken. Is it the ladies who don't want the death penalty? I think they have the numbers now.

Basta lahat ng choice committees sa Majority

Wag na ulitin yung Kokote compromise na ginawa niya nung 2016 para maging SP sha
First order of biz needs to be replacing Poe.

Angara can keep his post, he's been supportive of the budget and I think TRAIN 2. I remember, Digong jokingly threatened Angara during his SONA, and Angara delivered.

12081 - 12100 of 12125 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.