SkyscraperCity banner

381 - 400 of 640 Posts

·
There's cake, right?
3,365 Posts
even better from the inside
SA Boy, can I come with? Will pay in beer

New tallest in Africa :cheers: This has to be seen in person, its spectacular!!
It really is a marvel. I was driving to work today and I noticed just how much the Leonardo had begun to dwarf the Michelangelo- it feels like just yesterday when they were the same-ish height. To think there's a few more floors to go- amazing. :cheers:

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
55 floors (51 occupyable and 55 lift stops above ground ie 4 banks of double volumes) 227m to top of spire. currently casting level 40 to of top plant double volume so 11 more regular floors to go
Time to update the thread title then. New tallest in Africa after 45 years :)

More importantly, first South African building ever that we can legitimately showcase in the 'Skyscrapers' thread of the World forum lol

·
South Straddie QLD
10,876 Posts
views are spectacular both main directions, great amenities for residents , generous apartments but at R65k/m2 on the very high side but selling well , due to the coffer slabs the floor to floor hight is very very generous and gives amazing volume to the apartments , overall quite impressed

·
23,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #391
Alas, I don't think it will be the tallest in Africa for very long. Aren't those towers under construction in Nairobi going to be in the range of 65F?

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
Well, that would make it a supertall. Megatalls are 600m and over, so some way short of that.
What is the scheduled top out/completion date though?

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
Alas, I don't think it will be the tallest in Africa for very long. Aren't those towers under construction in Nairobi going to be in the range of 65F?
Had a quick look - these are not even sure to go ahead yet. There appears to be a hole in the ground, but even if it is for these, digging would have some way to go.
I would say the Leonardo will hold the title for some time to come.

Also, anyone up for starting a thread for our skyscraper in the world forum section? :)

·
Registered
9,866 Posts
Shouldn't it be labeled as Johannesburg? I doubt many international forumers know where Sandton is. It would be like saying Canary Wharf instead of London or Gangnam instead of Seoul.

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
Probably should be Johannesburg, but at least we have an entry lol

On a related note - HOW can legacyliving still have it on their front frikkin page as 42 floors? I just don't understand.
What do they tell people that are interested in the penthouse, for example. Its as if the height of the building is the least interesting detail of all - which of course, it is not, especially when all your advertising for sales is about the views and 'towering over Sandton' etc
Also, wiki page needs an update.

381 - 400 of 640 Posts