SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Nice view obviously taken from the 800. Throw in MP just to the left of PNC and it will be a fantastic view. I think this angle really shows how successful MP will be in fitting into the city's skyline. Despite the outrageous design it is really only a modern twist on what is already found in Lousiville.

I expect a lot of the highrise residential developments in the coming years to focus on the river views. However, angles such as this one from the South or West offer a much more urban perspective. MP will only enhance that.

Hopefully, developers will realize this and try to capitalize on that.

·
President of Catan
2,282 Posts
I love that view. Very dense. :eek:kay:

I like this view a lot. It is a much more attractive view across the river than straight ahead angle we usualy see, IMO.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Yea the view directly across the river isn't the best imo. I think driving from I-64 from the west or I-71 from the east provide the best views.

·
Captain
2,813 Posts
64 East-bound from the river is my favorite.

·
Banned
1,098 Posts
Very nice. I like Louisville's dense downtown :)

·
Banned
293 Posts
wow what a dense pic. My feeling says that first photo is from the 1920's era Heyburn Building. I have always thought that building should be condos...I wonder what the office vacancy is in there? They should move their tenants to newer towers and convert it to condos with views like that!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I love Louisville its my second home. Soulbro I'm up there just about every other weekend so I know what the Lou is all about. Ashame how the police shut down Derby this year though. Do you know if they have the same plan next year? I'm new on here so wats up too man.

·
President of Catan
2,282 Posts
scraperboy said:
wow what a dense pic. My feeling says that first photo is from the 1920's era Heyburn Building. I have always thought that building should be condos...I wonder what the office vacancy is in there? They should move their tenants to newer towers and convert it to condos with views like that!
Actually, the Heyburn building is shown in the picture. Its circled here in yellow in the bottom right:

As Carpooch mentioned, this picture was most likely taken from The 800 apartment building:

·
I'm Panamerupean!!!!!!!
1,432 Posts
WOW!!!!

Louisville is definitely different from what I thought it was. It has modern skyscrapers and a nice skyline as well as modern buildings. I definitely have to go visit that city someday. What is the population of Louisville?

·
I'm Panamerupean!!!!!!!
1,432 Posts
Wow

Thank you for the population. Amazing skyline for an underrated city. You should post this city with those pictures in the Rate our skyline forum.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts