SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems to be taking off round there now, and as its not really the Northern Quarter, think it probably needs its own thread. Im thinking that this area might be where I finally settle down, so be interested to see how it develops.

On a personal note Ive heard a "rumour" that FC United's new home wont be too far from this area too.

·
Registered
822 Posts
TheGrand said:
Seems to be taking off round there now, and as its not really the Northern Quarter, think it probably needs its own thread. Im thinking that this area might be where I finally settle down, so be interested to see how it develops.

On a personal note Ive heard a "rumour" that FC United's new home wont be too far from this area too.
I think that Ludgate Hill will just keep on extending north. West Properties have some good ideas around the area too. The buildings aren't ground breaking but I like the density there.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Approved this week. AFL architects. 1,2 and 3 bed apartments for the Ludgate Hill area, off Rochdale Road (opposite Skyline Central).

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I kept reading about Ludgate Hill being some new up and coming 'BoHo' area so I had a wander down. I don't know what the hell BoHo is supposed to mean (can anyone enlighten me) but I an idea of what it might be. Unfortunately I thought BoHo might have included a shop, a bar or cafe or 2 but evidently not. Its just new apartments. What the hell are they talking about with all this BoHo bollocks? I suppose it looks qute nice though.

·
Second Citizen
16,937 Posts
I think BoHo is a Soho take on Bohemian (but is shortlived because an area becomes Bohemian, then rich people flood in, drive prices up and variety down and it becomes NoHo ;)

That building above looks a bit like our Jewellery Box scheme, which is 1 block away from Ludgate Hill in Brum (hence my reading...) - spooky.

Good to see 3 bed apartments being built though :)

·
Less is more.
6,209 Posts
macc said:
I kept reading about Ludgate Hill being some new up and coming 'BoHo' area so I had a wander down. I don't know what the hell BoHo is supposed to mean (can anyone enlighten me) but I an idea of what it might be. Unfortunately I thought BoHo might have included a shop, a bar or cafe or 2 but evidently not. Its just new apartments. What the hell are they talking about with all this BoHo bollocks? I suppose it looks qute nice though.
You gotta remember macc daddy that most of the apartments round there aren't finished yet and there's lots of schemes yet to be announced, once they are full of lovely people the bars will follow as most of them have provision for retail/bars etc on the ground floors, its up and coming give it a chance.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Unfortunately this new block of yet more yuppie flats is replacing one of the oldest puns in MCR. the pot of beer (standing to the rear of quite an elongated site). Anyone who had ever been to this pub will note its long history plastered all over the walls in the form of title deeds, documents and original brewery memorbilia. For a long time it was noted as the one place in mcr. where you could get Polish produce and beer. The brewery however saw differently and refused to sell the pub to the then landlord, who now incidentally, is in charge of the beer hose pub in the above picture. In the end, this small, historic pub known for its fine food and fantastic real ale was sold to the developer for over £750K to be replaced by yet more, bland, overpriced flats in an area becoming a yuppie ghetto..how long is it before the beer house suffer the same fate?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Me too - a couple of beers in the Marble Arch and then a curry at Nawaab. They've opened a new restaurant in Failsworth which is pretty good.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts