SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I watch Gags I always try to figure out the location and I'm always on the lookout for the crew but I've never managed to spot them.

Elsa (trop fresh!) took these photos in the summer of 2006 on Peel St. by Dorchester Square. The man asks the woman to hold his dog while he uses the washroom. The cop pulls up, hauls the guy out of the porta as the woman looks on stunned. The final shot has the lady signing the release for TV.

I'd love to work on that crew!

·
Banned
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gosh I love that show. I laugh hysterically at the looks on the stooge's faces! I wouldn't mind checking the rental place to find if a DVD series has been released.
Yeah I love it when they find out that they've been had! They have DVD's, I think they're up to vol. 8, and you can watch them online at:

http://www.justforlaughs.com/gags/

·
Registered
13,365 Posts
AL!!!!!!! :LD:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

:hug:

I like the one where they're advertising "Youppie" in the mall, they get the person into the robes and slipper and then they hid behind the wall, then the crew runs away and the person pushes it over, screams "youppie!" and is just standing there, in robes and slippers, looking like an insane person. :) It was fantastic.

·
Administrator
79,193 Posts
I don't know how they come up with some of their ideas, but sometimes I nearly hyperventilate watching that show. A stroke of brilliance to have no spoken words, as it can be marketed to any country in the world as is. I am definitely going to take out some dvds and watch them. I don't like stand up comics very often, but this one makes me laugh out loud! :D

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
They probably have to get some sort of license beforehand to do it.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
This show is amazing! Even though there are many shows around the world with similar concept, having watched a lot of them, I can safely say that Just for Laughs Gags comes up with more brilliant show on a more consistent basis than any other on the planet. The simplicity of it all is what makes it a great show.

By the way, sometimes they shoot their gags in Europe and West Indies as well. I was wondering if that were the same crew or gags taken from other shows from other countries?

·
Banned
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This show is amazing! Even though there are many shows around the world with similar concept, having watched a lot of them, I can safely say that Just for Laughs Gags comes up with more brilliant show on a more consistent basis than any other on the planet. The simplicity of it all is what makes it a great show.

By the way, sometimes they shoot their gags in Europe and West Indies as well. I was wondering if that were the same crew or gags taken from other shows from other countries?
There was a Belgian show with the same format in the late 90's that was really funny but I haven't seen it lately. Gags film some segments in Mexico (working vacation?) and there is also a sister production in the UK called simply 'Just For Laughs' that uses some Canadian segments but films mostly original bits. CBS picked it up in the US but gave it the 'America's Funniest Home Videos' treatment with a cheesy host introducing each gag. They also found it necessary pixellate naked butts and omit any of the 'racy' skits. That was cancelled after a year but the original show is still available on cable.

·
:-x
5,787 Posts
I'm not sure why the Americans have to redo everything.
I've always taken the custom of redoing everything to be more Canadian than American . . . entertainmentwise in particular :lol: . . . I've nary thought that custom to be Americanlike...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts