SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 40 of 7624 Posts
G

·
Two years ago, America was attacked.

Utterly, and intentionally.

It's already been more then 700 days, and yet it still seems like yesterday. The smoke. The Fire. The Rubble. Then Nothing.

We've continued. The Attacks did not weaken us. We have become more united, more a people.

As we attack Terrorism at it's heart, We Rebuild.

Most of us don't like the designs for our new Towers.

Before 9/11 most didn't like the Old Towers.

Let's Move on.

Let's Rebuild, and build something just as great, but different, from the Twins. I know it will turn out ok. They will become Icons. Everything will be ok.

It's time to get going. Time to move on.

"Lets Roll."

*Never Forget 9/11*
|
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | | ....New York City. Still Strong.
| | | |
| | | |

G

·
I was there in 1996 and I remember I could see the Twins from Jones Beach in long island. When you look at the image of the office space, you realize 'they actually designed that in the early 70's, damn awesome'. And yes I also went to the observation deck in 1996 and was surprised on the roof I saw some names written on the edge, as if somebody jumped there????? I will never forget that, and also the lobby was amazing.

·
Registered
10,967 Posts
I went up the WTC several times as a child and have wonderful memories of my family and I feeling "on top of the world". They were awesome and it saddens me greatly that they were destroyed in such an appalling manner.

May they and all who died in them RIP.

G

·
The best thing about the towers were that they were so IMPOSING.

They just shot up in the sky, pure height. Totally New York City.

Nothing will ever be the same. The 1776 Freedom Tower will be good. Have some faith.

·
5,837 Posts
i have faith nyc project!!!... this will be a great success i think.. my intuition is generally on point.. not bragging , ti just usually works out the way i expect it. I think with the reconstruction.. will bring a wave, of new business, maybe not right away, but definetly not far... at the right time.. and new york skyline will change yet again. New designs like fosters hearst magazine tower , the kissing towers, odd stuff like that will pop up, new york city has been recreating itself since it's birth, it went from indian inhabitants on manhattan island- to dutch colonialzation- to a british merchant post?? am i right about that? to a developing city, to a hub of america.. to a growing 19th century city, to a well developed late 19th century city, to a grid lined, metropolis.. to the guilded era of boss tweed and dramatic early century skyscrapers.. to a mega city.. art deco, times square, the 1940's prewar and post war buildings, to the sixties, when these "boxes" popped up everywhere, and glass facades became big, to the 70's and 80's when a new wave of modern architecture dawned the manhattan skyline up and down, to the 90's when we were still moving upward, guiliani, redevelopment, to now.. more highrises, more extreme architecture.. times square ever expanding.. to the future which in my opinion will be an incline.. new york will test the times.. and recreate itself for the umpteenth time.. we will .. lol my crystal ball says so.. but no , the truth is nyc has had it's declining periods and inclining periods, we have seen both up and down for a few years now,, imo it will only get better.. we have no fear, there are speed bumps but they will not be tooo hard to pass.. make way for nyc.. it's coming.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Whether they're rebuilt or not in this decade, the spirit of the Twin Towers will live on, and the new life they injected into Lower Manhattan and then into Downtown Brooklyn and Jersey City will continue flowing. Now if only our political officials could muster up the courage to dismantle the LMDC...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Very, very nice thread. Good job.

I have to agree with savethewtc, though. I see those images often enough in my mind, and I'd rather remember the life of something anyway. But, in any case, wonderful shots. Kudos to you al. :)

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Don't often get time to look at the NYC thread, but i had to look at this one.
Some great pictures, I have some great memories of those wonderful towers.
Even though I live in London, I still miss them, they can never be replaced, nor the people who died them.
I hope those terrorist burn in hell.
:mad:

·
Banned
110 Posts
awesome pics! I really wish I could have seen them in person before the fell

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thank you to all of the people we borrowed images from to make this spectacular memorial thread.......

·
King of the Queen
2,164 Posts
Some photos have the power to make you happy. Some photos have the power to make you sad. Some leave you mad and some leave you greatful.

There are very few that leave you speachless.

Truly amazing photos. I love them. Photos of them, all angles. They never get old.

Thanks for the photos guys.

21 - 40 of 7624 Posts