SkyscraperCity banner

7501 - 7520 of 7604 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Yes probably the Vista/Marriott hotel also had its own parking garage too and it had its entrance right next to the main entrance to the building on West Street if I'm correct, they also should have access to those parking garages by elevator. As for 6 WTC, people only could access the building from the plaza level as the main entrance in general.
So on the first floor (the street/concourse level) of 6 WTC, there weren't any stairs or elevators that took you to the second floor (the plaza level)? That's strange, I figured there would at least have been stairs or elevators in the parking lot area on the first floor that took you to the second floor.

Here's a map of 3 WTC's lobby on concourse level:

I don't think there was an exact parking lot on the concourse level of the hotel. But I do think the hotel's lobby had elevators and stairs that took you to the underground parking garage on the B-Levels.

·
Registered
34 Posts
So on the first floor (the street/concourse level) of 6 WTC, there weren't any stairs or elevators that took you to the second floor (the plaza level)? That's strange, I figured there would at least have been stairs or elevators in the parking lot area on the first floor that took you to the second floor.

Here's a map of 3 WTC's lobby on concourse level:
View attachment 1358524

I don't think there was an exact parking lot on the concourse level of the hotel. But I do think the hotel's lobby had elevators and stairs that took you to the underground parking garage on the B-Levels.
Well yes, the Vista/Marriot had its own parking garages below the concourse level. 6 WTC had access to stairs and elevators that took people to the plaza level were the main elevators to the building were, one of those was in the passage from 1 WTC to the World Financial Center, so that section can be considered a 2 story lobby for 6 WTC maybe, the one area that had the escalators seen on Jules Naudet's 9/11 documentary video.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Does anybody know what those black rectangles were on top of the WTC 4. 5 and 6? I've seen them for years but ever knew what they were, my best guess would be it houses maybe A/C units or something. but I have no idea.

·
Registered
America's Finest City.
329 Posts
Does anybody know what those black rectangles were on top of the WTC 4. 5 and 6? I've seen them for years but ever knew what they were, my best guess would be it houses maybe A/C units or something. but I have no idea. View attachment 1361453
Mechanical Penthouses housing anything from Air Conditioning to heating and to Diesel Generators

·
Registered
22 Posts
Anybody got any good views of West Street? I'm trying to recreate the WTC in Minecraft (Bet that hasn't been a hundred thousand times) as accurately as possible, and there are just no good pictures or videos of West Street. if anyone has pictures from the sky or a page on this thread they can redirect me to, that would be awesome!

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Well yes, the Vista/Marriot had its own parking garages below the concourse level. 6 WTC had access to stairs and elevators that took people to the plaza level were the main elevators to the building were, one of those was in the passage from 1 WTC to the World Financial Center, so that section can be considered a 2 story lobby for 6 WTC maybe, the one area that had the escalators seen on Jules Naudet's 9/11 documentary video.
There was actually no stairs or elevators in the parking lot area of 6 WTC that took you on the upper floors?
Here's a map of the concourse area of 6 WTC:

So you couldn't go in this door to get to the upper floors of 6 WTC?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Does anybody know what those black rectangles were on top of the WTC 4. 5 and 6? I've seen them for years but ever knew what they were, my best guess would be it houses maybe A/C units or something. but I have no idea. View attachment 1361453
Mechanical Boxes with Elevator Motors, Water and HVAC. The third one placed on WTC 5's Roof later would serve as electrical generators

·
Registered
34 Posts
There was actually no stairs or elevators in the parking lot area of 6 WTC that took you on the upper floors?
Here's a map of the concourse area of 6 WTC:
View attachment 1363264

So you couldn't go in this door to get to the upper floors of 6 WTC?
View attachment 1363290
View attachment 1363277
Like I said, 6 WTC had access to stairs and elevators that took people to the plaza level were the main elevators to the building were, those included the ones on Vesey Street and the ones coming from 1 WTCl, as well as probably more stairs around the parking garages for workers to access to the plaza level. That entrance that you show leads to an escalator that went up to the plaza level to a hallway that was the main lobby of 6 WTC, that is where the elevators to the building were, that same hallway was connected to the passage that came from the World Financial Center.

This is the best image of the plaza level that I can show you, look closely on 6 WTC to see about the corridor that I'm talking about.
engineering_img_rescue_1.jpg

7501 - 7520 of 7604 Posts