7601 - 7620 of 7684 Posts

·
Registered
2,410 Posts

·
Registered
America's Finest City.
331 Posts
Question for everyone. What's your opinion on the original planned design for the World Trade Center?
View attachment 1456369 View attachment 1456372
View attachment 1456367 View attachment 1456374 View attachment 1456376 View attachment 1456377

What do you think of the fact that the entrance to the North Tower was covered by the lower buildings while the entrance to the South Tower was not?
I really suggest making a seperate forum for this, for example World Trade Center Questions and Trivia?

·
Registered
2,410 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
What do you think was ugly about it? I personally thought it was ugly too. I didn't like how the whole bottom of the North Tower was covered.
The surrounding WTC buildings, 3, 4, 5, and 6, are all connected, and they're connected to the towers, and the design for them is just the ugliest thing ever. there's giant holes on the roofs, I mean cmon! Look at it! It's straight hideous.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
The surrounding WTC buildings, 3, 4, 5, and 6, are all connected, and they're connected to the towers, and the design for them is just the ugliest thing ever. there's giant holes on the roofs, I mean cmon! Look at it! It's straight hideous.
Indeed, that does not look like a Trade Center floor.
The place where I got that said it was.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Yeah, I didn't like how the main building structures were connected to each other. I prefer the final design where the buildings were only connected by the plaza.

By the way, what's your opinion on the original 3 WTC building? Do you think it's better than the final design was?

Here's the original design:

Here's the final design:

I don't think the original intended design was a hotel like how the final design was. I prefer the final design since I think the original design looked dull.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Both the North and South Towers had 16 doors on their outside walls. There was 6 doors on the North Tower's street level and there was 10 doors on the North Tower's plaza level. There was 8 doors on the South Tower's street level and there was 8 doors on the South Tower's plaza level.

For both towers, I highlighted where the doors are at on the street level in red, and I highlighted where the doors are at on the plaza level in blue.

Map of the North Tower's lobby:

Map of the South Tower's lobby:

·
Registered
108 Posts
The 1975 movie Three Days of the Condor used the newly completed WTC as the location of the New York CIA Field office, and actually filmed a few scenes in the North Tower. The towers are so new and clean that they almost look CGI on the blue sky! What's really cool is this one panning shot showing the north side of the complex long before 7 WTC was ever built. I was able to screen cap it and make a panoramic image of the towers from that side!

7601 - 7620 of 7684 Posts