SkyscraperCity banner

961 - 980 of 7292 Posts

·
Sent from down-below. :P
1,207 Posts
Lower Manhattan really needed to 'grow into' the towers for the skyline to look its best. IMO Lower Manhattan looks quite decent speaking purely aesthetically, not sentimentally.

IMO the towers would have looked their best in between the ESB and Chrysler where it would look really climactic.

·
Registered
14 Posts
US unwelcoming

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
Emma Lazarus' poem, The new Colossus (1886), is engraved on the pedestal of the Statue of Liberty (the famouser present from France to Unated states of America).
:
Too bad the US is no longer living up to that quote.
I wish it was. I really wish.

·
Registered
12,735 Posts
Not as sharp as most pics on this thread but I was coming back from Staten is late one evening looking at that majestic skyline getting closer...the ferry moving and the camera film not right for night shots....moving anyway.....but took this pic anyway and now I still look and wonder how amazing the WTC was to New York and the World.....

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Banned
1,060 Posts
it's sad to be used to the skyline as it is right now and watch those pictures and see the towers as something unusual...miss them

·
Gotham City
10,972 Posts
The BEAST is DEAD!!!

:dance::dance::dance:

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

·
Registered
3 Posts
4 WTC

I know this is pre 911 fourm but this pic does not show the towers, its for a question::

On 9/11, was 2 WTC evacuated through 4 WTC? I know people left though the concourse and building 5 by Boarders. This could be people leaving 4 but i was not sure.

961 - 980 of 7292 Posts