SkyscraperCity banner

121 - 140 of 6900 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
What THEY Saw

I have read and heard many survivor stories of 9/11 from people inside or near the buildings struck. I'm from CA and never been to NY. I lived through 9/11, watch the footages on CNN, and remembered all the cars in the streets with patriotic U.S. flags. I'm trying to understand what it was like to witness the horror of 9/11 in person.

Why and how is this smilie included in the choices anyway? I respect the victims of 9/11. From what I read and heard, I believe that this is very similar to what happened to the people who jumped from the Twin Towers on that fateful day. Those devilish terrorists and their crime against humanity. Those 2,800 poor innocent workers gone with the towers of pride in a few moments, around 200 of those in Tower 1 who spent the last 8 seconds of their lives falling and taking their final breaths of cool, fresh air...

:badnews:

In NYC, did it rain on the night September 10, 2001? Was the sunset of that day clearly visible or blocked by clouds? To those who recalled or are certain, please answer. Did Donald Trump influence the outcome of what will be built over the WTC site? Is it in any way selfish or not?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Inside!

Here are some rare pictures of what inside the Twin Towers looked like.

The Top of the World observation deck on the 107th floor of the South Tower:

The Windows of the World restaurant on the 106th floor of the North Tower:

The color of this building label sign changed to a maroonish color prior to the attack, as shown in a few photos previously in this post.

Most recent color change:

·
Lurker
1,816 Posts
This picture makes me sad because I've been to that exact light rail station in Jersey many times (mainly '00-'01) and I remember that same view.

121 - 140 of 6900 Posts