SkyscraperCity banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
cityboy
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mods, I am sure my question has been posed before, but I am wondering why there isnt a separate thread for the projects in southern Metro Manila? the southern projects are all lumped in with Manila projects

·
6,509 Posts
Because historically there had been few projects in those areas compared to Makati, Pasig/Mandaluyong/San Juan, Quezon City and Taguig. But I do think that maybe we should restructure given the construction boom.

Will discuss with the other mods and make requests to the admin so we'll make the changes soon.

·
10,663 Posts
Because historically there had been few projects in those areas compared to Makati, Pasig/Mandaluyong/San Juan, Quezon City and Taguig. But I do think that maybe we should restructure given the construction boom.

Will discuss with the other mods and make requests to the admin so we'll make the changes soon.

Finally! Reception for proposals to break up the Manila City and the rest of the Metro subforums have been tepid in the last few years. Now it seems some other open minded members of the team is a little more open to it.

It's about time.

·
10,663 Posts
So I did an audit of the Manila City and the rest of the Metro subforum and got thread counts for individual cities, with the CAMANAVA area being an exception.

59 - Pasay
53 - Parañaque
14 - Las Piñas
41 - Muntinlupa
11 - CaMaNaVa
146 - Manila
3 - Marikina
0 - Pateros

I am proposing that it be split into two.

One would be for Metro Manila south/southwest/reclamation-area containing Pasay, Parañaque, Las Piñas, and Muntinlupa, with a combined total of 167 threads.

The rest of the remaining 160 threads could remain as they are in the Manila City and the rest of the Metro subforum.

P.S. How about we merge Marikina into the Pasig - Mandaluyong - San Juan subforum? It feels a little more intuitive to me that way.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Filinvest City should have its own spot instead in Metro Manila section of Cities Places Travel & Geography. Rockwell and Araneta Center have their spots there despite of their areas of 15 and 35 hectares only while Filinvest City is nearly 250 hectares.

·
6,509 Posts
Why not put Manila City as it's own, then the rest on its own consolidated section? 146 project threads more than warrants it's own section. Plus it's Manila, so that in itself is significant...

Reactions: chanlatorre

·
10,663 Posts
Why not put Manila City as it's own, then the rest on its own consolidated section? 146 project threads more than warrants it's own section. Plus it's Manila, so that in itself is significant...
I'm not exactly sure I'm following you.

You mean split "Manila City and the rest of the Metro" into:

Manila City

Rest of the Metro

Is that it?

·
6,509 Posts
^^ Yes. Maybe mention Paranaque, Muntinlupa and Pasay instead of "Rest of Metro". Masyadong downgrading yun "Rest of Metro". It's like an after thought, nakikisali lang and I suspect the reason why some forumers want this Re-Org is due to town pride, which is perfectly reasonable.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Muntinlupa, I think, should have its own thread considering the recent pick-up of development. I think we can expect the development to continue building up further down the line. However, if we really still needed to lump it up with other cities, I think it should only be with Las Piñas and Parañaque.

Pasay, IMHO, should be on its own or lumped with Manila. This is purely my opinion though since I consider Muntinlupa, Las Piñas and Parañaque as part of the "South" whereas I really see Pasay as more integrated with Manila than the former three.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Do the Moderators know each other in person? I love SSC only for the historical & cultural quarters... Redevelopment, Rehabilitation & Resurrection of projects and sociological impact of urban planning... Opinion - Pasay should be appended to the City of Manila as other historically important buildings to Manila is found on the boundary or within Pasay...

·
helter skelter
1,688 Posts
Manila and Pasay - makes sense historically, but major Pasay developments are in Paranaque border

The rest of Southland

Taguig (and Pateros, with zero developments)

Not sure if Marikina will fit in Pasig-Mandaluyong-San Juan. That section is mostly Greenhills/Ortigas group land + rezoned Pioneer area, which is connected to Ortigas Center via Greenfield. Thinking about lumping it with QC, but QC is already very big.

Or make individual subforums for Manila, Pasay and Muntinlupa. The rest will include Paranaque, Las Pinas, Marikina, Pateros, Camanava

·
One Of A Kind!
2,654 Posts
My two cents:

Makati - As is

Quezon City - As is

Taguig and Pateros
Pateros is a neighbor of Taguig but can be included to Pasig Group.

Manila
It is already big and full of projects.

Pasay and Paranaque
They share the reclamation area as well as NAIA. If NAIA would be developed as CBD, these two cities would be joined indefinitely as one the newest CBD.

Las Pinas and Muntinlupa
The two south sisters. CBD in the south has sharing between these two.

CaMaNaVa
The northwest cities.

Marikina, Pasig, Mandaluyong, San Juan
They form a contiguous land area. Pasig and Mandaluyong share with Ortigas Center while Ortigas Center is adjacent to Greenhills.

Marikina cannot be left alone. It cannot be added to QC as QC is already big. Marikina is a neighbor of Pasig, thus the grouping.

·
7,805 Posts
With the recent overhaul of Skyscrapercity ecosystem, it's about time to have a proper subforum reorganization in order to provide an intuitive understanding between threads. Every users (as well as Moderators) having a hard time to find a specific project that is usually found somewhere at the middle or last page of this massive subforum.

I recently conducted a manual audit for Manila City and the rest of the Metro threads as of today morning through delicate assessment. Compared with the numbers done by @thomasian, figures were changed a little bit.

CAMANAVA - 12
Las Piñas - 16
Manila - 128
Marikina - 2
Muntinlupa - 46 (of which 20 in Filinvest City, 2 in Madrigal, 1 in SPD)
Parañaque - 57 (of which 11 in Aseana, 7 in Westside RWM)
Pasay - 50 (of which 12 in Mall of Asia, 6 in Met Park)
Pateros - 0

Own insights with the subforum reorganization, anyone may agree or not.

° Marikina should be merged in Pasig-Mandaluyong-San Juan section, can be collectively called as Metro Manila East.

° Las Piñas, Muntinlupa, Pasay, and Parañaque should be merge and categorized as Metro Manila South, bearing the massive total of 169 threads.

°Manila City and the rest of the Metro shall be done as is, only the projects of City of Manila and CAMANAVA be retained so.

So I did an audit of the Manila City and the rest of the Metro subforum and got thread counts for individual cities, with the CAMANAVA area being an exception.

59 - Pasay
53- Parañaque
14 - Las Piñas
41 - Muntinlupa
11 - CaMaNaVa
146 - Manila
3 - Marikina
0 - Pateros

I am proposing that it be split into two.

One would be for Metro Manila south/southwest/reclamation-area containing Pasay, Parañaque, Las Piñas, and Muntinlupa, with a combined total of 167 threads.

The rest of the remaining 160 threads could remain as they are in the Manila City and the rest of the Metro subforum.

P.S. How about we merge Marikina into the Pasig - Mandaluyong - San Juan subforum? It feels a little more intuitive to me that way.

·
7,805 Posts
The main threads of Filinvest City, Arca South, Vertis North and Aseana City are now already transferred to Metro Manila subforum (Cities, Places, Travel & Geography section) as of today. Basis for transfer were done by the number of current (under construction) projects and audience views.

Filinvest City should have its own spot instead in Metro Manila section of Cities Places Travel & Geography. Rockwell and Araneta Center have their spots there despite of their areas of 15 and 35 hectares only while Filinvest City is nearly 250 hectares.

·
10,663 Posts
With the recent overhaul of Skyscrapercity ecosystem, it's about time to have a proper subforum reorganization in order to provide an intuitive understanding between threads. Every users (as well as Moderators) having a hard time to find a specific project that is usually found somewhere at the middle or last page of this massive subforum.

I recently conducted a manual audit for Manila City and the rest of the Metro threads as of today morning through delicate assessment. Compared with the numbers done by @thomasian, figures were changed a little bit.

CAMANAVA - 12
Las Piñas - 16
Manila - 128
Marikina - 2
Muntinlupa - 46 (of which 20 in Filinvest City, 2 in Madrigal, 1 in SPD)
Parañaque - 57 (of which 11 in Aseana, 7 in Westside RWM)
Pasay - 50 (of which 12 in Mall of Asia, 6 in Met Park)
Pateros - 0

Own insights with the subforum reorganization, anyone may agree or not.

° Marikina should be merged in Pasig-Mandaluyong-San Juan section, can be collectively called as Metro Manila East.

° Las Piñas, Muntinlupa, Pasay, and Parañaque should be merge and categorized as Metro Manila South, bearing the massive total of 169 threads.

°Manila City and the rest of the Metro shall be done as is, only the projects of City of Manila and CAMANAVA be retained so.
One word. Actually, one letter.

G! :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.