Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
As I'm sure many of you have seen we have today announced a development on Hoyle street/Shalesmor roundabout for 490 PRS apartments in a 20 storey tower for the Scotfield Group

It really looks the business. I’m surprised that the plot has been vacant for so long.

Do you think the random gaps on the opposite side of the road near the Ship (care rental, car sales etc) will get redeveloped too soon? A bit of an eye sore...

And maybe those commercial units in the flats on the corner near the Ship will get filled too - it’s been 10 years since the first bits in this area got developed but with your development, it’s finally starting to fill out...

·
18,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is indeed, The sky is the limit! If someone wants to go taller in the future and the site is appropriate then certainly

Do you think the random gaps on the opposite side of the road near the Ship (car rental, car sales etc) will get redeveloped too soon? A bit of an eye sore...

And maybe those commercial units in the flats on the corner near the Ship will get filled too - it’s been 10 years since the first bits in this area got developed but with your development, it’s finally starting to fill out...
Well we have a development on the car showroom site that should start construction this year, so yes those plots are gradually being taken up. The same goes for the units, 2 of the 4 in Daisy Spring are full now and one says under offer.

·
Registered
944 Posts
So much going on around here!

U/C and proposed:

Residential:

This development: 490 apartments
Dun Works: 225 apartments
Well Meadow/Brownell Street: 284 apartments
Tea box: 50 apartments
HSBC Mace: 250 apartments
43 Allen Street: Unknown

Student Accommodation:

Hollis Croft: 972
HSBC Mace: 650
St George's Close: 257
Southern Grove Hollis Croft: 66
Scotland Street: Unknown

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Looks really good. I think all new towers inside the inner ring road should be a minimum 20 stories and more towards the 30 mark. The available land to develop is shrinking fast due to everything what's going on.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Looks really good. I think all new towers inside the inner ring road should be a minimum 20 stories and more towards the 30 mark. The available land to develop is shrinking fast due to everything what's going on.
I agree. As I've mentioned before, as time goes by there will be less space available and we might see the "New York" effect. Even if lower buildings are built they will get demolished to make way for talls. I probably won't see that in my lifetime though, alas.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I think it looks good Hella, I just hope it gets built!

I think it looks fresh and let’s be honest, a bunch of wheelie bins piled one on top of the other Jenga-style would be an improvement on the area as it currently stands. 🤣

1 - 20 of 126 Posts