SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Proposal. Modus is behind the project. Residential. A 425,000 sqft sceme funded by Anglo-Irish bank.

'will end the shortage of high class modern retail space'

sensitive in the way the sceme will look.

(it was in todays m.e.n.)

·
wind-up merchant
15,971 Posts
18 Stories cannot be classed as a Skyscraper thats classed as highrise I wouldnt class the Arndale or anything under 90 meters as one, I would class that as a highrise.

·
the man who builds cities
480 Posts
I would class the arndale tower as a skyscraper, a small one albeit though.
the small windows make it look the part. if a building of that size had balconies maybe it wouldnt look like a skyscraper.

what do u think lads is the arndale tower a skyscraper? for manchester, yes it is in my opinion.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
chasedwar said:
I would class the arndale tower as a skyscraper, a small one albeit though.
the small windows make it look the part. if a building of that size had balconies maybe it wouldnt look like a skyscraper.

what do u think lads is the arndale tower a skyscraper? for manchester, yes it is in my opinion.
I wouldnt class the arndale tower as a skycraper just a highrise office tower althought it looks much taller than it is ...must be the small windows like you say...and it looks even taller lit up at night

·
Like 'Berg'
6,742 Posts
I want to see renderings!!! lol

It'd be nice to say I've waited for this day for so long, but then.. I never really believed that we'd get anything to start with. Uhm, wont get too excited as it could be an ugly design or the simple fact that Wigan may reject a taller building..

Yes, so 18 storeys isn't 'big'..but consider the townscape of my humble town.. the tallest office buildings are about 4 or 5 floors.. we do have about a dozen council blocks at about 10-13 storeys but that is all... This would dominate quite well, It'd be nice to know whereabouts it was proposed.. shall seek the local paper at the weekend when I'm home to find out more. Its just shockin to think that Wigan is actually tagging on to the building boom (even if barely).. They're also investing huge amounts of money in public art, the new shopping centre.. Maybe Wigan has bigger plans than a simple SSC Wiganer could ever of endevored.. lol I really am made up..

But still, I shan't hold me breath

·
Like 'Berg'
6,742 Posts
Reading this, I think you got my hopes up for nothin! lol

Mainly because of re-reading what you originally typed..

Code:
Proposal. Modus is behind the project. Residential. A 425,000 sqft sceme funded by Anglo-Irish bank.

'will end the shortage of high class modern retail space' 

sensitive in the way the sceme will look.
Now it wouldn't be a 'retail tower'.. its also ironic that its the same space as the GA shopping precinct (425,000sq ft) also by Modus...

I think either M.E.N or you got wrong end of stick... I could go cry, lol
Well it was always too good be true anyway

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Think it through.
Anything that was proposed the best part of 10 years ago is as dead as the SSC equivalent of the dodo.
Developers move on to something easier / less risky / more fundable / easier to achieve.
I would say as a rule of thumb that if there has been no activity on a 'specific' proposal for 2-3 years you can say it's dead.
Hope that helps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts