SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
cives totius mundi
5,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The evolution of São Paulo in 130 years (1870-2006)
Hi !!! one of the cities that more grew in century XX in the planet. A simple past great metropole complex that it is currently!

old downtown

séc. XIX

church is Sé (praça da Sé)

church Is S. Pedro

streets of center

Ladeira do Piques - valley of anhangabau

2. the present time - 2006

church is Sé !!!

valley of anhangabau

by !!! :)

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
we can hardly imagine , looking at the old pics ,that such a small and colonial city in former centuries could be developed in such a monstruous supermegalopolis !! :)

·
registered snoozer
254 Posts
That is one big transformation in a short amount of time. The land must feel horribly taxed. Either way, it was pretty then and is pretty(imo) now.

·
As long as I Know...
18,343 Posts
It is really amazing in a short pass of time the city growed, for be one of the biggest megalopolis the face of the earth :eek:

·
policial disfarçado
17,786 Posts
Yeah, it is amazing indeed!

Yhe city started growing beacuse of the coffee plantations on the state's interior on the beggining of the last century and it didnt stop!

thanks 4 the pictures!

·
Registered
8,266 Posts
The city used to be quite beautifull in the 50's it seems on the contrary to the ugly concrete jungle it is today (this is not bashing, it's one of the cities I'd like to visit the most in the world, but beauty is not one of it's strong sides ;) )

·
→
3,419 Posts
virtual said:
The city used to be quite beautifull in the 50's it seems on the contrary to the ugly concrete jungle it is today (this is not bashing, it's one of the cities I'd like to visit the most in the world, but beauty is not one of it's strong sides ;) )
it has its beauty, though it's kinda hidden inside it's own concrete jungle..

·
Inconsciente Coletivo
6,114 Posts
I agree with Virtual! She was pretty cool in 1940 1950, but now it´s a big monster of concrete! Very interesting, but ugly!!! :)

I love São Paulo! :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
What contrast of the future and the past of Paulista Avenue!!! Although I live in São Paulo, I am amazed with the growth ( I was born when it had more than 9kk).

·
335 Posts
Wonderful development but I have a question, ¿is there any limit to buildings' height in SP? I wonder about it because I see there are a lot of buildings, but no one is higher than 180 meters (which is Banespa Buinding's height). I'd really like to see a super-skyscraper in SP ¿Should it be possible?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts