241 - 260 of 466 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
This has been approved.

PropertyWeek.com
New boutique hotel for London’s Hoxton

By James Whitmore

Soneva Properties last night won planning consent for a 247-bedroom boutique hotel on the fringes of the City of London.

The hotel at 151 City Road, EC1, on the fringes of Hoxton has been designed by Squire and Partners.

The form of the proposed building is crystalline and tapers towards its apex, taking its inspiration from the nearby Moorfields Eye Hospital, using transparent, opaque and solid panels in its façade to create visual illusions of depth and movement, Squire said.
Some visualisations of the scheme (all credit to Squire and Partners). All from the Design & Access Statement in the planning application which can be found here.

Looking north along City Road and south along Britannia Walk

Looking South West along East Road

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Hmm, it looks remarkably similar to the proposal in Victoria. This obviously looks like it uses random cladding, I hope this turns out to be good, and the Enterance area looks nice.

·
Ampersands & What
7,247 Posts
Someone really needs to chage the title of the thread. It's misleading unfortunatly. If only the new proposal were 140 meters..

·
Now in SE10
364 Posts
Work *appears* to have started on this. The hoarding has been painted with a mural, and there are people on site. I didn't get a close look but will update soon.

This might suggest that work on Eagle House has been suspended indefinitely, as both developments share the same access road (which is pretty narrow). But I could be mistaken on this, and I hope that I am.

·
Now in SE10
364 Posts
Initial foundation work has started.

By the way, I have to say that those renderings (further up the page) are really bad!

Even so, I'm excited about this one. Can we change the title to U/C and move the thread?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I dont know why this has 2 totaly diffirent designs. One totaly white with only some windows. And an other with a cause and some tiny windows.

·
Now in SE10
364 Posts
There has been activity on the site since the late summer, but progress has been fairly slow. The piling is complete, and concrete was being poured today. I took this blurry shot from a moving bus this afternoon!

·
Now in SE10
364 Posts
This is one slow-moving project! There are people working on site every day, but there is still no sign of any construction above the hoardings. From the glimpses of the site I've seen from passing buses, there appears to have been a very deep excavation. It looks like a really awkward site to work on, as there's virtually no space on any side to site cranes and other equipment.

Will keep this thread updated if I see any more...

·
BLAND
8,855 Posts
Why is this not in the Construction forum?

241 - 260 of 466 Posts