SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Persian King of Kings
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ancient Dokhtar Castle, On top of a huge rock on a mountain, very skillfully built in the form of a polygon in three floors with 14-meter-high wall surrounding it:

Ancient Malek Bahman Castle, on the top of one of the tallest waterfalls in Iran:

·
Persian King of Kings
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^^ There are whole cities build like this....
Would you please mention some of them? I'm talking about buildings which are difficult to be built, you can certainly find some buildings, even cities, at strategic locations, for example near Dokhtar castle, there is ancient Babak citadel at the top of a 3,000 meters high mount, for almost a long time people lived there but it is not really very difficult to build it:

Where is that Dokhtar castle?
Northwest of Iran.

·
Banned
2,379 Posts
Lets see, Meteora monasteries, half a dozen monasteries in Athos Peninsula and most Aegean island cities look similar if not more dizzying:dunno:

·
Persian King of Kings
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lets see, Meteora monasteries, half a dozen monasteries in Athos Peninsula and most Aegean island cities look similar if not more dizzying:dunno:
Which one do you mean? similar to what? The first two ones, or Babak Castle, or this one in the same region in the northwest of Iran:

Zahhak Castle, built more than 2,000 years ago:

I think Meteora monasteries are similar to these one, not the first two one which have been built very difficulty among the rocks.

·
Banned
2,379 Posts
Well then is such a case, building materials and people are hoisted downwards, instead of upwards, so that less labor is required. Also from a tactical point of view, especially the second, Malek Bahman Castle, it is hard to see their usefulness, unless they guarded precious artifacts or sth, and even then, sieging it would be very similar to the construction process.

·
Persian King of Kings
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I totally talk about buildings which were really difficult to build, not those ones which look impressive or are located at impressive locations.

·
ONE WORLD
9,172 Posts

·
Persian King of Kings
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The spliff fairy, that is really a good post, some of them, especially that hanging temple, seem really difficult to build.

·
Satyamev Jayate
252 Posts
The site of Dokhtar looks very scary to me. I would never like to visit that place if that castle wasn't there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts