16. Dallas (541.2)

17. Shenzhen (523.6)

18. Istanbul (479.7)

19. Mexico City (459.5)

20. Chongqing (458.6)

·
Margela Schurkel
1,938 Posts
Good to see that Rhein-Ruhr is predicted to grow as fast as Paris and London. Since the population of Rhein-Ruhr is expected to stagnate vs. growing population in London and Paris the per capita growth is much higher.

Here I've calculated the annual growth rates and GDP/capita for those 75 cities and sorted them by GDP/growth:

·
Registered
18,253 Posts
Anothe crappy ranking. These lists are more meaningless than astrology charts. The inconsistencies start on the very definion of the metro areas, not mentioning the randomness of the cities' selection.

·
Banned
1,188 Posts
There are at least 5 other highly developed cities in Germany which are expected to have higher growth than Rhein-Ruhr. This being Munich, Hamburg, Stuttgart, Frankfurt and of course Berlin.

BTW, Rhein-Ruhr region is not a city, not even an urbanized region.

I guess this astrology work we are looking at is supposed to be a marketing tool of McKinsey.

·
Margela Schurkel
1,938 Posts
There are at least 5 other highly developed cities in Germany which are expected to have higher growth than Rhein-Ruhr. This being Munich, Hamburg, Stuttgart, Frankfurt and of course Berlin.

BTW, Rhein-Ruhr region is not a city, not even an urbanized region.

I guess this astrology work we are looking at is supposed to be a marketing tool of McKinsey.
They used metropolitan areas, so for me the inclusion of Rhein-Ruhr is ok. The cities you stated may have a higher growth rate, but in this ranking the absolute growth matters, so bigger metro areas of course have an advantage over smaller ones. Since Rhein-Ruhr is so much bigger than Munich, Hamburg, Stuttgart, Frankfurt and Berlin it's much easier to add a higher amount of GDP in that 15 years.

·
Registered
18,253 Posts
The cities wo will add, according to their projections, the highest amount of GDP from 2010 to 2025.
And how do they know that? Looking to Brazilian cities only, it's totally BS.

·
Banned
1,188 Posts
Rhein Ruhr is projected to loose in every aspect. Demographically and GDP wise. There at least 5 metro regions in Germany which, based on todays trends, will increase.

Rhein Ruhr is not among the prosperous regions.

·
Margela Schurkel
1,938 Posts
Rhein Ruhr is projected to loose in every aspect. Demographically and GDP wise. There at least 5 metro regions in Germany which, based on todays trends, will increase.

Rhein Ruhr is not among the prosperous regions.
I think at least the parts around Düsseldorf and Köln won't fall further back but for the Ruhr I don't have much hope. The Rhein-Ruhr area is a tale of two parts: prosperous cities on the Rhine and dying cities on the Ruhr.

·
Registered
18,253 Posts
^^
Everything is BS. The matter idea of organize a list of "dynamic cities" (what's that, btw?) for 2025 is absurd.

About the growth, "be in reach", doesn't mean they'll grow on this pace. How does that work? They say Brasília will grow 6%, São Paulo 5% and that's it?

We have plenty of data regarding GDP, income, income distribution, labour market, purchase power of all 5,500 Brazilian municipalities and this list makes no sense at all.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts