Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Mutu ya Chuma.
43,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This thread is dadicated to The mighty river that provides Electrity, Food, Transportation, Beauty, Fresh drinking water, Fresh air that we breath, among others things.

As well as lakes that provides the same as the Mighty Rivers.

SHE DESERVES HER OWN GALLERY.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Please provide Photos that makes this river what , whom, are and serve.

Thank you,

Butembo.:)

·
Mutu ya Chuma.
43,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Kindu Town on the on the River .( Pupulation , 400,000).

Matadi city( population 400,000) on the "River" Gataway to Kongo.

Marchal Bridge above the "River".

The port and the Bridge. over the "River"

·
Mutu ya Chuma.
43,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^^No considerable commercial activity around the river?
No really,

The city was sealed off from the rest of the country from '96 to 2003, and her industries were closed down , city was a theater of fighting between our two wose enemies( Rwanda and Uganda fighting for Diamonds) twice in 98 and 2000. and only opened to traffic in 2003. Skelled labor runned away, and the city was in a super depression. and between '91 and 94 it was bad because of Mobutu's Mass corruption and mismanagement.

She is coming back slowly , buy surelly, restoring electricity, Textile industry, Brewery industry has just been rehabiiterated and a new Cement factory to be built soon.
Hoppefully there are more on the way.

·
Mutu ya Chuma.
43,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Mighty TANGANYIKA LAKE on the eastern Kongo.

The second deepest Lake in the World (after the Russia lake of Baikal.)
The Longest on the continent.

A Village on the Lake.

Kongo river pays a visit to Tanganyika lake.

Kalemi's old airtrip by the Lake. ( wanna own a house on that beach)

·
Mutu ya Chuma.
43,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Kinshasa Brazzaville separated by only 1 mile of Kongo River.
11 million people live on this part of the river.
Brazzaville 1.2 million, Kinshasa 9.5 million.

Other sorces of the River in the danse forest.

·
There's cake, right?
3,561 Posts
Thank you for the reply Butembo.I'm aware that most of your countrymen are dependent on the waterways for transportation but I don't see the relevant infrastructure in place.I'm not suggesting the V&A Waterfront,maybe a pier or two or even a ferry slip.So frustrating.

·
Mutu ya Chuma.
43,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you for the reply Butembo.I'm aware that most of your countrymen are dependent on the waterways for transportation but I don't see the relevant infrastructure in place.I'm not suggesting the V&A Waterfront,maybe a pier or two or even a ferry slip.So frustrating.
Yea, really shameful to see that we don't have the infranstructure in place.

But thank God JOE Kabila is using the minerals to get it done. checkeout the Congo's Infrastructure thread.
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=907540
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=886062

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Good gallery. Rolling hills and low mountains surround both sides of the river, observing GoogleEarth on my PC, rather an attractive landscape, much of it is sparsely populated until you reach Kinshasa and Brazzaville. Quite a long ride from it's entry to the interior. Butembo, you ever been to these areas yourself ? How is the climate yearly, especially around the rolling hill areas in the south portion of the river ?

·
Mutu ya Chuma.
43,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Good gallery. Rolling hills and low mountains surround both sides of the river, observing GoogleEarth on my PC, rather an attractive landscape, much of it is sparsely populated until you reach Kinshasa and Brazzaville. Quite a long ride from it's entry to the interior. Butembo, you ever been to these areas yourself ? How is the climate yearly, especially around the rolling hill areas in the south portion of the river ?
I have been in the Eastern hills. the climate is the best in the world.( not cold, not hot). it's even better than San Diego's.
That's why Construction is booming in the east. people love that city Goma, even with the active volcano a few miles.http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=729330

However; it only rains for 6 months ( i mean heavy rain and you can't drive) and then it's sunny for 4 month straight and 2 months of rain and sun.

The climate in the southern part of the river is greate as well ( humidity is rare).

But i never been to the western hills.
Northern part is hot and humid.

·
Banned
2,941 Posts
WOW this river is HUGE, the scenery is amazing, I just love it man.
I love green scenery with water it beats the coast for me and I see the river is still a virgin. I could build an eco city next to this river it could the the official 8th wonder of the world. As I always say "I put my money here".

1 - 20 of 108 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.