Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Banned
14,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... for now.

Belinda Stronach, Chuck Cadman, Layton's NDP, the Speaker of the House and our Prime Minister, the Right Hounourable Paul Martin and his team have all saved the nation from the venomous Conservatives and the even more spiteful Bloc Quebecois.

Canada can sleep safe and sound tonight, but Canadians will be called to vote again in January. From now until the elctions we must work hard to keep the country together, I can feel it in the air in Montreal; the sparatist movement is getting ready for another attack, the Conservatives would only slipt the nation even more by anatagonizing Quebec. We can't allow Gomery and the measly couple of millions that were stolen by a very FEW number of Liberals (who will be prosecuted by the law once the report is published) destroy Canada.

We must stop the Conservatives and the Bloc from destroying Canada. I applaud our Prime Minister and all those who worked so hard to impede the government and ultimately the country from falling.

·
Mr. Haney(Cruz) for Pres.
2,644 Posts
|A| said:
... for now.

Belinda Stronach, Chuck Cadman, Layton's NDP, the Speaker of the House and our Prime Minister, the Right Hounourable Paul Martin and his team have all saved the nation from the venomous Conservatives and the even more spiteful Bloc Quebecois.

Canada can sleep safe and sound tonight, but Canadians will be called to vote again in January. From now until the elctions we must work hard to keep the country together, I can feel it in the air in Montreal; the sparatist movement is getting ready for another attack, the Conservatives would only slipt the nation even more by anatagonizing Quebec. We can't allow Gomery and the measly couple of millions that were stolen by a very FEW number of Liberals (who will be prosecuted by the law once the report is published) destroy Canada.

We must stop the Conservatives and the Bloc from destroying Canada. I applaud our Prime Minister and all those who worked so hard to impede the government and ultimately the country from falling.
Amen.

·
Registered
973 Posts
The Liberal's arn't just criminal's they are very stupid aswell. They could have made a deal and passed a decent budget (the first budget that was voted on) with the conservitives but instead they showed their left wing extreamist side and passed the NDP's budget. Bribing MP's and dirty dealings with the NDP may save the Liberals for now but all it has really done is prolong the shit train that is coming for Ottawa. Hopefull come January the people in Ontario will put down the crack pipe for abit and toss the Liberal's out of office. The Paul Martin legacy will be scandel and dividing the nation in to Ontario vs the rest of Canada.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
crazyjoeda said:
The Liberal's arn't just criminal's they are very stupid aswell. They could have made a deal and passed a decent budget (the first budget that was voted on) with the conservitives but instead they showed their left wing extreamist side and passed the NDP's budget.
What the hell are talking about. The Conservatives were hell-bent on toppling the Government all along. The NDP was the only party to say that would try to saave the government.

·
Registered
973 Posts
doady said:
What the hell are talking about. The Conservatives were hell-bent on toppling the Government all along. The NDP was the only party to say that would try to saave the government.
Yesterday, Harper said that he would vote in favor of the original budget but not the NDP budget. Paul Martin could have made a deal that would keep his goverment alive for a short while and not reclessly spent money on the NDP.

And let me ask you this why save a goverment that is involved in Crime. :weirdo: :weirdo: :weirdo:

·
У Борщин
1,204 Posts
^Key part was... he said he would bote on the original one... whether he would have actually done it is another story... i for one dont this he would have... He was very adament over toppling the liberals.

·
2,644 Posts
crazyjoeda said:
The Liberal's arn't just criminal's they are very stupid aswell. They could have made a deal and passed a decent budget (the first budget that was voted on) with the conservitives but instead they showed their left wing extreamist side and passed the NDP's budget. Bribing MP's and dirty dealings with the NDP may save the Liberals for now but all it has really done is prolong the shit train that is coming for Ottawa. Hopefull come January the people in Ontario will put down the crack pipe for abit and toss the Liberal's out of office. The Paul Martin legacy will be scandel and dividing the nation in to Ontario vs the rest of Canada.
No, that's not what has transpired. First, Harper harped about supporting the budget, then he harped that he wouldn't. When the dirt got out about Adscam, and the polls showed that he could beat the Liberals in an election, he let his blind ambition over rule any small amount of common sense he possessed and decide to vote against the Budget. Then, some Conservatives from the Atlantic provinces harped to Harper that the Atlantic Accord must go through, so he decided to support the Budget and vote against the amendment to it (2nd vote). The reason for the amendent was that the Libs had to make a deal with the NDP, because Harper changed his mind on supporting the Budget after he saw the polls. On top of that, at the most critical moment Harper harped at Belinda and got her so upset that she jumped ship. So what does Harper do? He harps that billionaire Belinda who was once in charge of 72,000 employees at Magna International moved to the Liberals because of her ambitions. The dumb ass Harper ought to understand that if ambition was her motive, Belinda would have simply gone back to Magna International for a multi-million dollar pay cheque.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Nate said:
He was very adament over toppling the liberals.
And for good reason. At the very least they should be kick out of goverment, since some Liberal MP belong in Jail.

·
2,644 Posts
crazyjoeda said:
And for good reason. At the very least they should be kick out of goverment, since some Liberal MP belong in Jail.
Kick out the Libs so we can hire a new bunch of Conservative crooks. Or... we are willing to give Martin the benefit of the doubt.

Understand one thing, the worst government that Canada has had (in my life) was the Conservative Mal-Ruiny Government. They had huge deficits, raised taxes greatly and reduced services. Remember who it was who said now it's our turn to get our noses in the trough?

·
Banned
14,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
crazyjoeda said:
spent money on the NDP.
Yes, because ALL that money is going straight to the NDP, 5 billion into Layton`s own bank account. :|

By negotiating a deal with the NDP, Martin showed that the Liberals still care for the average Canadian; you and I. The average Canadian that is tired of seeing homeless people by the hundreds in our cities and wants more affordable housing, the average Canadian that wants to see more money in tertiary education, the average Canadian that wants to see more money in health care, the average Canadian that wants less corporate welfare and more social welfare. The deal demonstrated the beauty of minority governments.

I guess you Conservatives would rather see services cut across the board, multi-million tax breaks for corporations, see that those sinful homoscsuals don't ruin our "family values," give every person in Canada a gun because "God-forbid" we might see those immigrants and those French invade our suburban homes or our Alberta ranches...

When will ignorant hicks in backwater provinces (ie. Alberta) stop sending Conservative retards to represent them in Ottawa?!

·
Registered
46 Posts
|A|, you started out that post quite well, but you then allowed it to degrade into petty name-calling and stereotypes.

Not that crazyjoeda's "all Liberals are crooks" argument was any better, nor his "Ontarians putting down their crack pipes" remark. Just because the House of Commons lacks civility doesn't mean we should follow suit.

As for the topic at hand...

The Liberals as a whole are stained by the scandal, but in particular it'll be good to have all the details finalised before heading to the polls. Besides the scandal, I rather like the party... though I doubt I'll cast my ballot for them in the next election.

As for Harper... I see this attempt at toppling the government as an act of impatience and insecurity. It seemed to me like he didn't believe his party could retain its surge in popularity, and that the Conservatives would lose rather than gain supporters over time. The scandal is most certainly a nice boost for his party, but if he ever wants to find himself in a majority (or even minority) government, he has to convince Canadians that the Conservatives have the superior social/economic agenda. I've heard him say the word "corrupt" so many times over the past year that it's beginning to lose its resonance.

I'm glad the election was put off for now. If it were held in a month, I would vote... but it wouldn't be for the Liberals or the Conservatives.

·
Registered
70 Posts
For those who would oversimplify Canadian politics into an East vs. West argument, remember that there is not a single province or territory in the country that votes unanimously in favour of any one party. The "first-past-the-post" principle obscures the political complexity of Alberta (not all Conservative), Ontario (not all Liberal), Quebec (not all BQ), etc.

·
2,644 Posts
^^ Very good point.

·
Technocrat
878 Posts
|A| said:
When will ignorant hicks in backwater provinces (ie. Alberta) stop sending Conservative retards to represent them in Ottawa?!
There is absolutely no other way I can put this, so simply... **** YOU! :bleep:

Why hasn't this bigot been banned yet? This is the second time in a single week that he's gone spewing the same shit (at least in this one forum).

·
lolwut
1,867 Posts
|A| said:
... for now.

lol holy shit dude take go smoke some weed and chill out :banana:

·
Canadian
779 Posts
One of the problems with the Conservatives is that they appear to have less aptitude to keep this country in one piece. The Conservatives would be much more willing to say - Let Quebec go their own way if that's what they want, and then we can get on with our own agenda. Regardless of the present scandal, the Liberals have a better chance in the long run, depending on how long it takes Quebec to forget about this mess. However, every move made recently by all parties just wreaks of political opportunism, under the guise of their own vision of national unity, and what is best for Canada.

·
Registered
34 Posts
|A| said:
From now until the elctions we must work hard to keep the country together, I can feel it in the air in Montreal; the sparatist movement is getting ready for another attackQUOTE]

I know exactly what you meen, I thought I was the only one who noticed this. With two of the most popular groups in Quebec being Les Cowboys Fringants and Loco Locass (very openly separatists), the separatist message is really getting out there. I'm surprised at the fact that there is no media coverage about this in the ROC. People who do not follow french media would have no clue of what is going on here.

Anyways, as for the Liberals saving Canada, I'm not sure about that. I guess you're somewhat right about the fact that the Liberals are a little less unpopular than the conservatives, but I dont really think that is the issue. I think the sponsorship scandal hurt the liberals alot, but the biggest hit was taken by federalism and federalists in Quebec.

If you want to save Canada, you should worry more about the image of federalists in Quebec, cause it really is'nt doing very well right now.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Poor ole Conservatives. Can't shake off the 'reform party' image in 'central canada' (just a code word for Ontario). What conservatives need to do:

- elect an ontario based leader

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Roch5220 said:
Poor ole Conservatives. Can't shake off the 'reform party' image in 'central canada' (just a code word for Ontario). What conservatives need to do:

- elect an ontario based leader

thats what Belinda Stronach was supposed to be... for some reason they thought Harper would lead them to glory. Oops!

1 - 20 of 103 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.