Registered
3,115 Posts

·
Now Tamworth
5,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Even funnier would be can you imagine Sandwell spending nearly that much

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-23633781
Of it's own money and that of other contributors. The government didn't hand them any money and certainly not £78m. There's the difference my friend.

Why isn't a government led infrastructure programme of such high importance costing any city any money anyway?

That's what I want to know.

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Yea but Manchester had influenced the governments agenda for the past twenty years and is now reaping the benefit by playing the game in its favour. While our leaders bicker, politik, challenge and push back. Smart and fair play to them. We only have ourselves and our poor leaders to blame

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Of it's own money and that of other contributors. The government didn't hand them any money and certainly not £78m. There's the difference my friend.

Why isn't a government led infrastructure programme of such high importance costing any city any money anyway?

That's what I want to know.
I though most of the 72Million was from the Arts Council & not Sandwells money. OK I think Sandwell contributed to make up the short fall & subsidise the place

·
There Can Be Only One!
10,975 Posts
You spoke of the relative density of the air, so every mph has to be fought for using clever technological innovations.

I wanted to know if that's going up hill or downhill or both?
Neither, it's just down to the speed of the train. Although the higher you go, the less dense the air becomes, but I doubt HS2 is going to be cruising at airliner altitudes. :lol:

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
Yep HU we get some beautiful weather this side of city , but at west brom bit they get more rain than our bit which is only a mile or so away then sunny all the way to town! Great in it,!

21 - 40 of 324 Posts