SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,927 Posts
Watu wangu ni wivu tu umetushika. Uganda and TZ have both beaten us at building nice suspension bridges. Wakenya tupo au hatupo!! Kwa madaraja hatupo jamani!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I don't mean to contribute to this misplaced thread, but that bridge ONLY cost $129 million?? I can't even imagine how much that would cost if it was built in Kenya :lol:

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I don't mean to contribute to this misplaced thread, but that bridge ONLY cost $129 million?? I can't even imagine how much that would cost if it was built in Kenya :lol:
If we are to build that in KE, the Estimate at proposal will be $200..then a year after spending $20 on feasibility studies the est cost will jump to $430! Further attempts to bump the price to $500 would catch the media attn and after cries and negative media publicity...the project will be downgraded to nyali bridge specs and awarded at $380 so as to "save tax payer$$". Na hio ni maendeleo!
Mod should delete this thread

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Let me start by congratulations to Uganda, its a beautiful bridge. Copy the same thread to Uganda section which is very idle. I go there from time to time as I keep pace with our continent progress.

That said I don't quantify project cost that easily as most do. What's the length of the bridge, is the road single, dual or three lanes dual road. What's the length of the associated road. What's the location of the bridge, does it cut through the city, outside the city or in a rural area. Any land acquisition costs, taxes and unique costs I.e weigh bridges, CCTV cameras, laser lights etc. I prefer knowing that first then I can say if it was fair or not.

·
Registered
171 Posts
i like this...the airport (Greenfields) we cancelled was about USD 650 million delivered. when it is eventually revived-and it will soon be; it will cost USD 1.6 to 2 billion dollars...watch that space? Macharia is dumb but more creative than Kamau when it comes to corruption strategic planning.

If we are to build that in KE, the Estimate at proposal will be $200..then a year after spending $20 on feasibility studies the est cost will jump to $430! Further attempts to bump the price to $500 would catch the media attn and after cries and negative media publicity...the project will be downgraded to nyali bridge specs and awarded at $380 so as to "save tax payer$$". Na hio ni maendeleo!
Mod should delete this thread

1 - 12 of 12 Posts