SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Loiner and Proud.
1,263 Posts
mabe the world trade center will be built in leeds insted of NY!
and leeds will be made the capital of the uk!
:jk:

honestly nobody knows!

·
Registered
9,487 Posts
Well two possible likely locations for new skyscrapers which we don't know about yet are probably a skyscraper at where the low rise, low quality office block is that is on Great Wilson Street opposite Bridgewater Place and ASDA HQ. Another possiblity is at the site of the Brunswick Terrace building of Leeds Met Uni which is being sold of and I remember reading that it has been sold already. These are my ideas of developments that could happen in Leeds.

·
Registered
9,487 Posts
Just a question I have wandered although it could never happen but has anything ever been planned tower wise or even infill for the Josephs Well site shown in orange. Its because there appears to be a lot of surface car park space on the site which could potentially become a nice tower site which could go in the areas shown in yellow especially as it should be a good location so close to the courts (in red), university, Park Lane College (in blue) and LGI (in pink) and also has the benefit of being right next to the Inner Ring Road which with other developments along this route had been quoted as a possible future skyscraper alley? I guess it could be a modern day version of the axed Westgate Tower scheme of the 1970s which was planned to go where Westgate Point now is in purple.

Especially as infill development has occured on the other side of the Inner Ring Road such as the Nuffield hospital and apartments near St Georges Church surely I could see something possibly happening here in the future.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts