Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
On Pissamoat Hill
Joined
·
1,153 Posts
I think you're listening to the hype machine too much Andy. Keep calm - It's just football, it's just a pass-time, it's irrelevant in the whole scheme of things.

Because you're the biggest brand in football doesn't make you any more important, just like McDonalds is irrelevant. The lads at FCUM have much more enjoyment at the games as far as I can tell, and surely that's what's important?

Visit kipax.com for evidence...
 

·
wind-up merchant
Joined
·
15,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
High-Fi said:
I think you're listening to the hype machine too much Andy. Keep calm - It's just football, it's just a pass-time, it's irrelevant in the whole scheme of things.

Because you're the biggest brand in football doesn't make you any more important, just like McDonalds is irrelevant. The lads at FCUM have much more enjoyment at the games as far as I can tell, and surely that's what's important?

Visit kipax.com for evidence...
Am not the biggest brand in football lol, I just thought you guys might want somewhere, where you can talk things all FC United. Like you going up, possible new ground, lastest scores, future plans etc etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
239 Posts
andysimo123 said:
Am not the biggest brand in football lol, I just thought you guys might want somewhere, where you can talk things all FC United. Like you going up, possible new ground, lastest scores, future plans etc etc.
Actually the possible new ground is a good topic. I was pleased that they went to Gigg Lane instead of Droylsden, because it would have been a right pain heading out east. But it would be good if a site nearer OT/Stretford could be found. Anyone know what their plans are?
 

·
On Pissamoat Hill
Joined
·
1,153 Posts
andysimo123 said:
I just thought you guys might want somewhere, where you can talk things all FC United.
I'm not an FC United fan. I'm neutral in that I don't support either club. I just thought it quite strange that you issue all this vitriol towards a mere minnow?

Take some time to consider....Is it the fact that they're gaining on you? Is it because they can watch footy as it was intended to be watched, ie chanting, songs, flags everywhere? Are you depressed with the atmosphere in OT but are too afraid to admit it?

I'm not having a go, I'm curious - so don't bite my head off!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Rusholme Ruffian said:
Actually the possible new ground is a good topic. I was pleased that they went to Gigg Lane instead of Droylsden, because it would have been a right pain heading out east. But it would be good if a site nearer OT/Stretford could be found. Anyone know what their plans are?
Pisses me off now end that. It's FC United of Manchester. So why the fk is it all the way up there in Bury? Stupid place for it, and a pain in the arse to get to.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,976 Posts
tlhf said:
Pisses me off now end that. It's FC United of Manchester. So why the fk is it all the way up there in Bury? Stupid place for it, and a pain in the arse to get to.
Because we were started from scratch 11 months ago, sorry we couldnt dream up a stadium in that time close enough to you but we are working at it.

Because we have no shirt sponsor, no way of selling pitch side advertsing, and no club house. All our revenue comes from donations, members and merchandise. In the long term we will be out of Bury and closer to home in our own place, but we're thankful to the town and its football club for their hospitality so far
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,976 Posts
These are the resolutions past at March's AGM, to be carried over to next season


Resolution (a)

THAT (a) the price of all adult season tickets (including adult concessionary season tickets, being available to the over-60s, the unwaged and students) for season 2006/07 be set at a level that will give adult season ticket holders a discount equivalent to free admittance to three home league matches in season 2006/07; and (b) the price of Under-18s season tickets for season 2006/07 be set at a level equivalent to £1.00 for each home league match in season 2006/07.

For: 751 - Against: 3 - Abstained 0


Resolution (b)

THAT the price of pay-on-the-day admittance to home league matches in season 2006/07 be frozen at the level currently in force for this season, 2005/06, that is: £7.00 for adults; £5.00 for adult concessions (being available to the over-60s); and £2 for Under-18s

For: 750 - Against: 4 - Abstained 0


Resolution (c)

THAT no FC United of Manchester playing strip will carry shirt sponsorship.

For 724 - Against: 29 - Abstained: 1



Resolution (d)

THAT the fee for membership of the Club for the financial year commencing on 1st July 2006 be set at £10.00 for adults and £3.00 for Under-16s (who are entitled to Junior Membership of the Club).

For: 739 - Against: 15 - Abstained 0



Resolution (e)

THAT a Development Fund be established with the purpose of raising funds for future investment in facilities for the Club.

For: 750 - Against 1 - Abstained 3



Resolution (f)

THAT the Constitutional Rules of the Club be and they are hereby amended by the addition of a new sub-clause 'd' to Rule 9, which shall read: "agrees to be bound by the Club's equality statements, child protection policy and codes of conduct."

For: 750 - Against 3 - Abstained 1



Members' Vote

Do you want a new first team home playing strip to be released for next season, 2006/07?

Yes: 238 - No: 499
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,976 Posts
ForeverSalfordRed said:
Hope we're gonna have a thread on my team Salford Reds, seeing as we're 3rd in Super League!
Ive never known anything like it, imagine Salford in the Grand Final, that would be a sight.


While your here, whats your views on FC playing at the Willows. There was talk that the Salford board were up for it but suspiciously pulled out last minute. Bury get 5 grand every home game, thats on top of whats made at the bars and kiosks.

What d'ya reckon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,611 Posts
TheGrand said:
at the Willows....
One of the lads that I work with had his wedding reception at the Willows a couple of months ago... f'ing brilliant. His dad, uncle and best mate all ended up in a big fight in front of the dancefloor. This lads eye got busted open, chubby arsed birds were pushing their blokes into the middle and beer was everywhere. Proper wedding.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,976 Posts
Just in case anyone is interested.

This Saturday, FC United are playing Great Harewood Town, at Gigg Lane, 3pm Kick Off.

The trophy is to be presented after the game.

Adults 7 pounds
Over 60's 5 pound

Under 18s go FREE
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
239 Posts
Well it looks like we're staying at Le Stade de Gigg for the foreseeable:

"Over the last few days final negotiations have been taking place between FC United and Bury FC regarding the ground sharing of Gigg Lane.

The two clubs have agreed in principle to a ground share for the next three seasons, subject to the approval of the football league, with contracts due to be signed over the next few days.

21-04-2006 at 16:37"

We lost today, but who cares? There was a record crowd of over 6,000, a brass band and an open top bus tour afterwards. Top.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,976 Posts
Rusholme Ruffian said:
Well it looks like we're staying at Le Stade de Gigg for the foreseeable:

"Over the last few days final negotiations have been taking place between FC United and Bury FC regarding the ground sharing of Gigg Lane.

The two clubs have agreed in principle to a ground share for the next three seasons, subject to the approval of the football league, with contracts due to be signed over the next few days.

21-04-2006 at 16:37"

We lost today, but who cares? There was a record crowd of over 6,000, a brass band and an open top bus tour afterwards. Top.
A Top day all round, had a tear in my eye when they announced the attendance. A Great day.

FC United......never heard of em
 
1 - 20 of 63 Posts
Top