SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I'm not a huge fan of orange either but it looks like this will be that more tasteful burnt orange shade. I don't mind that shade as it looks a lot more natural. Also I love the design of the building. A curve! How novel.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think that it is rusted metal panels ... so brown/orange :) I love this and I hope that it does get built. The area is definitely becoming another Ponsonby / Grey Lynn.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
I assume the choice of colour has something to do with the fact it wraps around the "Orange Coronation Hall".

I quite like it myself....colour and all.

Now that the CRL route has been finalised, its going to be interesting to see what development proposals crop up around the proposed stations. Areas like Newton.

·
18,522 Posts
You know, I like the orange too and I think bright colours can sometimes work well on buildings - breaks up the monotony somewhat. Just a brief example from some suburban apartments in Stockholm that are under construction. They're not very flash but they show that a bit of colour makes them far nicer. This is why I think the orange will work really nicely in Auckland too.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I'd like to see Newton and Newmarket effectively become zoned exactly like the city. That would make the City Rail Link essentially like a mini Yamanote Line linking three major business districts surrounding an 'empty centre' i.e. the Domain.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts