Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
23,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Name: The Parkside
Use: Mixed use (Commercial, residential and retail)
Height: 7F

Parkside in Umhlanga Town Gardens is a Mixed Use Development that will be built in a prime position on the new Umhlanga Ridge Boulevard in between Park Lane and Aurora Drive diagonally across the new Chris Saunders Park and Gateway Shopping Centre. With Umhlanga at 99% occupancy for commercial space and it being the most sought after property on KZN’s North Coast, we are especially excited about the capital growth and letting potential in this premiere development.

Project Value: R500 million

Space:

Commercial office space: 22 000m2
Retail: 4500m2
Residential: 60 units

·
23,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it has only just been announced, construction will probably start towards the end of the year. This area is set to be a massive contruction site with 17 developments u/c all next to each other.

·
23,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here some more renders.

This development is interesting me alot more due to the number of elements it combines.

This will fundamentally be a mixed-use development made up of 6 buildings which are integrated to create a “block” of the Umhlanga Ridge Town Centre. The development will feature:

A boutique Hotel
Offices
A conference centre
A retail/shopping mall
Restaurants
Apartments
3 levels of basement parking

It is fundamentally driven by elegant, contemporary, classical and urban architecture with an oriental influence. It is principally based on the following concepts continuity, fluidity, pedestrianisation by enhancing connections and linkages between buildings which will compliment surrounding land uses, such as the town gardens.

Architects: Gapp

·
the luf
791 Posts
mmm.. i dont know. What you guys think of that dome? I hate it, looks like a temple or something.

·
BITTER HEART NEVER REST
11,390 Posts
mmm.. i dont know. What you guys think of that dome? I hate it, looks like a temple or something.
From the top it looks ugly but from the side it looks bearable. I don't know as to how I passed this thread but this is one nice development.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts